More trouble with win32api.hlp
Author Message
 More trouble with win32api.hlp

I have PBCC1.0 and PBDLL5.0 on a win98 machine.
I have recently downloaded win32api.zip from the powerbasic site.
The help index seems to work ok but when 'Find Setup Wizard' is
'Creating Word List' an illegal operation is reported ..
WINHELP32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNAL32.DLL etc.

Anyone had the same problem?
Is it possible the download got corrupted?  It seemed to unzip ok.

--
Phil Graham

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 More trouble with win32api.hlp

Quote:

>I have PBCC1.0 and PBDLL5.0 on a win98 machine.
>I have recently downloaded win32api.zip from the PowerBasic site.
>The help index seems to work ok but when 'Find Setup Wizard' is
>'Creating Word List' an illegal operation is reported ..
>WINHELP32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNAL32.DLL etc.

>Anyone had the same problem?
>Is it possible the download got corrupted?  It seemed to unzip ok.

Also, there are tab indexes for Index and Find but not Contents
In addition, the Print command button is greyed out.
These faults are not present on my Win95 laptop but the original fault
is.

Help!

--
Phil Graham

Wed, 02 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 More trouble with win32api.hlp
Phil,

WIN32API.ZIP contains only #INCLUDE files for the compilers.  I assume
you are referring to WIN32HLP.ZIP.  If so, I've not personally come
across the problems you describe.  I'll also make enquiries, and if I
come up with anything, I'll post it here.

Additionally, it would not hurt to send a query to

case one of the in-house tech support  folks is aware of any problems
and can provide immediate help.

Thanks!

Quote:

>>I have PBCC1.0 and PBDLL5.0 on a win98 machine.
>>I have recently downloaded win32api.zip from the PowerBasic site.
>>The help index seems to work ok but when 'Find Setup Wizard' is
>>'Creating Word List' an illegal operation is reported ..
>>WINHELP32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNAL32.DLL etc.

>>Anyone had the same problem?
>>Is it possible the download got corrupted?  It seemed to unzip ok.

>Also, there are tab indexes for Index and Find but not Contents
>In addition, the Print command button is greyed out.
>These faults are not present on my Win95 laptop but the original fault
>is.

>Help!

>--
>Phil Graham

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 More trouble with win32api.hlp

Quote:
>Phil,

>WIN32API.ZIP contains only #INCLUDE files for the compilers.  I assume
>you are referring to WIN32HLP.ZIP.  If so, I've not personally come
>across the problems you describe.  I'll also make enquiries, and if I
>come up with anything, I'll post it here.

>Additionally, it would not hurt to send a query to

>case one of the in-house tech support  folks is aware of any problems
>and can provide immediate help.

>Thanks!

Thanks for your interest, Lance.

Of course I mean WIN32HLP.ZIP ..... my confused state of mind.

Additional information: Both PBDLL and PBCC have registry entries on my
win95 laptop but only PBDLL has an entry on the win98 desktop despite
reinstalling PBCC.

I hesitate to bother Support with something which may not directly be a
PB problem so I'll collect a bit more evidence before I follow that
route.

The help file looks like a really valuable resource so it's a pity it
doesn't work properly.

Thu, 03 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. win32api.hlp

2. win32api createprocess trouble

3. WIN32.HLP

4. .HLP files

5. Column ToolTip CANNOT be disabled, pls hlp

6. Clarion 3.1 .hlp Files

7. .hlp file maker

8. Jpeg files in .hlp

9. writing .hlp files - VW2

10. HLP: SmallTalk real-time Embedded Systems

11. File C55Help.hlp in C55Pro Beta 1 or CR2 - Please help me

12. .Hlp File Size - Help Requested!