WHOIS utility for PB/CC 2.0
Author Message
 WHOIS utility for PB/CC 2.0

'=============================================================================
'
'  WHOIS v1.0 - Get domain information
'  Copyright (c) 1999 powerbasic, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
'
'  RFC 954 (www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc954.html)
'
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
'
'  Server                 Domain suffix
'  ---------------------  ----------------------------------------------------
'  rs.internic.net        com, edu, net, org
'  whois.nic.uk           co.uk, org.uk, net.uk, ltd.uk, plc.uk
'  whois.nic.gov          gov
'  whois.nic.mil          mil
'
'  whois.ripe.net         IP addresses
'
'=============================================================================

$database = "rs.internic.net"
%port     = 43

'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUNCTION PbMain() AS LONG

  LOCAL buffer AS STRING

  buffer = COMMAND$

  IF LEN(buffer) = 0 THEN
    STDOUT "WHOIS v1.0 - Internic Domain Lookup Utility"
    STDOUT "Copyright (c) 1999 PowerBASIC, Inc."
    STDOUT ""
    STDOUT "Usage: whois name"
    STDOUT ""
    STDOUT "Examp: whois powerbasic.com"
    EXIT FUNCTION
  END IF

  ' Connect to server (timeout after 3 minutes)
  TCP OPEN PORT %port AT $database AS #1 TIMEOUT 180

  IF ERR THEN
    STDERR "Error connecting to " & $database
    EXIT FUNCTION
  ELSE
    TCP PRINT #1, buffer
  END IF

  DO
     TCP RECV #1, 4096, buffer
     STDOUT buffer;
  LOOP WHILE LEN(buffer)

  TCP CLOSE #1

END FUNCTION

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WHOIS utility for PB/CC 2.0
Just my view, Dave, but why you posting code which only works with a product
which (as far as I know) is not available for shipment?  I think POB/DLL 6.0
was scheduled for this month, and it's close, but I have no confirmation.

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:

>'==========================================================================
===
>'
>'  WHOIS v1.0 - Get domain information
>'  Copyright (c) 1999 PowerBASIC, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 WHOIS utility for PB/CC 2.0

Quote:
> Just my view, Dave, but why you posting code which only works with a product
> which (as far as I know) is not available for shipment?  I think POB/DLL 6.0
> was scheduled for this month, and it's close, but I have no confirmation.

Because people have requested samples to see what is coming.  It gives them an
idea of what can be done.

Not to mention that it may prompt someone to place their order now instead of
waiting until after it ships and asking what can be done.

--Dave

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MX Lookup with PB/CC or PB/DLL

2. TCPADDR for PB/DLL & PB/CC

3. Info on new PB/CC and PB/DLL

4. Announcing the JazzAge COM Wizard for PB/DLL and PB/CC

5. animated characters, speech input/output in PB/DLL and PB/CC

6. email enable PB/DLL-PB/CC using Outlook

7. SQL, ADO/OLE-DB programming in PB/DLL and PB/CC

8. PB 3.2.PB/Vision 2.0 Timerinstallcode.Shared Arrays

9. NUL device not working in PB/CC?

10. dir_trav.bas pb/cc 2.11 directory traverse program

11. pb/cc REGEXPR example misleading

12. pb/cc 2.11 FORMAT$ question / suggestion