win32api.hlp
Author Message
 win32api.hlp

A new version of this file was uploaded a day or two ago.  Download it
and try again.

Quote:

>the win32 api help-file found at ftp.powerbasic.com
>can not be installed with pb cc 2.0
>it complains about pb cc not being installed...

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 win32api.hlp
Pat,

If you've already tried some solutions that did not work, please
include all relevent information when you post a question to the
world... at least that will save duplication of replies, and may
result in the exact answer you need.  It's hard to give an answer
without all of the facts about the problem! (smile)

Please take another look at the thread you refer to on the BBS, it
seems someone else has suggested a solution that works.

However, if that does not help, send a message to

the problem.. Dont forget to mention your Serial Number.

Thanks!

Quote:

>done already :)
>I downloaded and, a couple hours later, posted in here
>so, that *was* the most recent available (as of 1999.07.10 - saturday)
>besides, dave already said that much in a similar thread over at pb's forums
>still, currently, IT DOES NOT WORK

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 win32api.hlp

Hello my name is Dominique Bodin, i'm a French PowerBasic user.
The response to your problem was learned from the PB forum:
You just have to change the valor of the following value in your Registers Base:
HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\PowerBasic  to 1
Just and only 1   nothing else!
I hope it will help you.

Dominique...

Sun, 30 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 win32api.hlp
Pat,

Quote:
>but..., why is it that, neither there nor here, anyone tells you what KEY exactly you're
>supposed to change or create?
>blindly hacking through the registry is not the best of ideas...

Simple...  without proof that you are a registered PB/CC user, we
simply cannot publically provide you with the registry key that
permits you to install another piece of software that depends on a
PB/CC license to be legal.  If you had emailed your request to

this out directly.

Quote:
>(as opposed to pb's support people who seem to think that sarcasm
> is the way to go, instead of actually fixing a bug they produced !)

The message was not intended as sarcasm, I appolgize if that was how
it came across.  I simply suggested (and with a smile) that the more
information you can tell us, the easier it is to provide an explicit
answer.  You did not (AFAIK) take up my suggestion of an email to

helpful as possible, based on the information given to us...

I hope this clears this up.

Regards,
Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Tue, 01 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. More trouble with win32api.hlp

2. WIN32.HLP

3. .HLP files

4. Column ToolTip CANNOT be disabled, pls hlp

5. Clarion 3.1 .hlp Files

6. .hlp file maker

7. Jpeg files in .hlp

8. writing .hlp files - VW2

9. HLP: SmallTalk real-time Embedded Systems

10. File C55Help.hlp in C55Pro Beta 1 or CR2 - Please help me

11. .Hlp File Size - Help Requested!

12. How Can I run a .hlp file with clarion