Startup
Author Message
 Startup

Does anyone know how I can make my program start each time windows does
without putting a shortcut in the startup menu.  Please reply to

Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:39:35 GMT
 Startup
Try the registry

--
Egbert Zijlema
"Visit the Basic Guru pages"

Quote:
> Does anyone know how I can make my program start each time windows does
> without putting a shortcut in the startup menu.  Please reply to

appreciated.

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:22:21 GMT
 Startup
At the top of WIN.INI file in C:\Windows put:

RUN=C:\MyProgram\MyProgram.exe

or something like that.

Jeff

Quote:

>Does anyone know how I can make my program start each time windows does
>without putting a shortcut in the startup menu.  Please reply to

appreciated.

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:36:48 GMT
 Startup

Quote:
>Try the registry

How? Do you have an example?

/Knud

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 05:15:26 GMT
 Startup
What is a registery?  There's no such thing in most OSes so you need to
restrict your search to those places where it will likely get a hit.  In
this newsgroup, Visual Basic is not really spoken and thus, the people in it
are not familiar with that windoz bastard of the Basic family.

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:59:41 GMT
 Startup

Quote:

> >Try the registry

> How? Do you have an example?

> /Knud

Suppose you were talking about M$ windows.
Add a key to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
in REG_SZ type (string). And set the value to the program you want to start
--
Both are closed:
The door for human beings and the {*filter*}ing hole for dogs

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 16:22:11 GMT
 Startup

Quote:

> What is a registery?

The registry is a heaven for Windows-world software devolopers.

Quote:
> There's no such thing in most OSes so you need to
> restrict your search to those places where it will likely get a hit.

{The vile and evil crossposting!}

Quote:
> In
> this newsgroup, Visual Basic is not really spoken and thus, the people in it

  ^^^^
"This" newsgroup?

Quote:
> are not familiar with that windoz bastard of the Basic family.

If you've got a problem with Windows or MS, go to

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:15:53 GMT
 Startup

Quote:

says...

> > >Try the registry

> > How? Do you have an example?

> > /Knud

> Suppose you were talking about M$ windows.
> Add a key to

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Quote:
> in REG_SZ type (string). And set the value to the program you want to

start
That will only start it for the user logged on at the time the value is
added, so if you want to make it start for any user you need to put it in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and do the
same thing.  Also, I want to make it clear that it doesn't matter what the
name of the value is, as long as it's not already taken.

--
Please note:
As of March 1, 2001 I will no longer accept mail from home.com.

Nighthawks2000 stinks!
Better Abraham Rocks!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/betterabraham.htm

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:05:43 GMT

1. a startup file for MSWLogo - startup.lgo (0/1)

2. a startup file for MSWLogo - startup.lgo (0/1)

3. VAST 4.5 startup problem

4. Splash screen on startup?

5. Presenter startup overrides, what to put in each

6. Startup Problem

7. Dolphin 3 crashes on startup

8. Squeak startup Linux vs. Windows

9. VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

10. Troy, MI startup looking for programmers

11. Big 5/Startup continues to build Smalltalk practice

12. PERM SMALLTALK @ BIG5/STARTUP