HELP NEED: How to make a Desktop-Link with PBDLL 5
Author Message
 HELP NEED: How to make a Desktop-Link with PBDLL 5

Hi Guys.
I have a problem: How to make a link (shortcut) with a PBDLL (Exe-Program)
This should do the following:
Create a link of a existing folder in the desktop AND (!) change this icon
into a other icon ( for instance MyIcon.Ico )
Anyone has a sample source for this ?

All hints are welcome !
Thx Michael

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP NEED: How to make a Desktop-Link with PBDLL 5
There has been code posted on the free web powerbasic BBS to do this
exact task.  Check out the Source Code forum.

Go to www.powerbasic.com and click on "forums".

Quote:

>Hi Guys.
>I have a problem: How to make a link (shortcut) with a PBDLL (Exe-Program)
>This should do the following:
>Create a link of a existing folder in the desktop AND (!) change this icon
>into a other icon ( for instance MyIcon.Ico )
>Anyone has a sample source for this ?

>All hints are welcome !
>Thx Michael

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP NEED: How to make a Desktop-Link with PBDLL 5
Thank guy very much !
Quote:

>There has been code posted on the free web PowerBASIC BBS to do this
>exact task.  Check out the Source Code forum.

>Go to www.powerbasic.com and click on "forums".

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP NEED: How to make a Desktop-Link with PBDLL 5

Quote:
> There has been code posted on the free web PowerBASIC BBS to do this
> exact task.  Check out the Source Code forum.

> Go to www.powerbasic.com and click on "forums".

Well, I've already swept through this forum in search of "goodie code",
both for my educational usage, and.. to solve spesific tasks that I'm not
knowledgeable enough to figure it out from scratch by myself.

And there is a tine thing that have puzzled me: (Yes! ..it's from the POP
sample)

' Param 3 is the shortcut name, MUST be the EXE name *without* the ext.

This limitation makes no sense to me, and I've not been able to quite
figure it out. - Yet.

(yes, it's a hidden question)  8o)

Mon, 06 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need a Resource Workshop for PBDLL Compiler v5.0

2. Need help in making a PUSHBUTTON TRANSPARENT OR HOLLOW

3. Need help in making PUSHBUTTONS TRANSPARENT OR HOLLOW

4. !!!!I NEED HELP MAKING LOGOS AND GRAPHICS!!!!

5. Making Game In VRML 2.0 - Need Help With AI

6. newbie needs help making a program

7. Need Help making a bellcurve

8. Need help making device driver call C routine

9. need help with making a rule(s)

10. need help making function elemental

11. Need help for making extension standalone

12. Need help making TCL library