OT: What's Past is Prologue...
Author Message
 OT: What's Past is Prologue...

In 1968 I started college at the Milwaukee School of Engineering. At that
time, all students were required to own a slide rule; the college provided a
list of "acceptable" brand names/model numbers. All freshmen took an
eleven-week non-credit course in "using your slide rule." When tests were
graded, answers were accepted to the accuracy of a slide rule.

In 1975 my brother-in-law started college at the Milwaukee School of
Engineering. At that time, all students were required to own an electronic
calculator; the college provided a list of "acceptable" brand names/model
numbers. All freshmen took an eleven-week non-credit course in "using your
electronic calculator." When tests were graded, answers were accepted to the
accuracy of an electronic calculator.

This past week, in my electronic alumni newsletter, I read this:

"MSOE MAKES HISTORY WITH COMPAQ PC'S

"In Fall 1999 MSOE instituted an academic requirement that each full-time
freshman must have a Compaq notebook PC. MSOE purchased 650 Compaq Armada
notebooks (100 of which were designated for faculty and staff) and plans to
purchase a similar number this year for members of the incoming freshman
class. Students lease the PCs through MSOE and the computers are replaced
every two years."

(MSOE info: www.msoe.edu)

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Wed, 08 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. OT: What's Past is Prologue...

2. Progress won't increment past 21?

3. Expect and Don Libe's Top award this past century

4. seeking past a channel's buffer inserts random junk

5. OT: Answer to 'Nerdy Joke': The Computer Programmer and the Frog

6. OT: (Humor/Humour) - Signs That You've Had Too Much Of The 90's:

7. 'who am i' from unix

8. STRAWBERRY prologue

9. Fran?ais, moulinette prologue compta

10. converting data files from prologue to dos

11. OT '96 Conference Programme (fwd)

12. OT '98/ COTSR