explicit variable declaration
Author Message
 explicit variable declaration

In FirstBasic/PB, how does one explicitly declare variables?
Is it possible?

It seems to follow Q/QuickBasic conventions when the trailing identifiers
are used (as in $).
Can one declare variables without the trailing character?

However, the following doesn't seem to work:

    dim x

    dim x as string

Is Dim reserved for arrays in PB?

Does FB/PB have Option Explicit?

Is there a good online manual for FirstBasic/powerbasic (I'm finding the
FirstBasic help system difficult to use.)?

Thanks very much.

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 explicit variable declaration
DIM is reserved for arrays in FirstBASIC (PowerBASIC v 2.1)

DIM may be used for "regular" variables in PB/DOS 3.2 (maybe 3.1) and
higher.

The compiler option metastatement $DIM ALL (means "option explict") is
available in PB/DOS 3.5 (current) and I think was also available in 3.2 (one
release before 3.5). (again, maybe sooner).

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:
>In FirstBasic/PB, how does one explicitly declare variables?
>Is it possible?

>Is Dim reserved for arrays in PB?

>Does FB/PB have Option Explicit?

>Thanks very much.

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 explicit variable declaration

Thanks for your answers.

Quote:
> DIM is reserved for arrays in FirstBASIC (PowerBASIC v 2.1)

> DIM may be used for "regular" variables in PB/DOS 3.2 (maybe 3.1) and
> higher.

> The compiler option metastatement $DIM ALL (means "option explict") is
> available in PB/DOS 3.5 (current) and I think was also available in 3.2
(one
> release before 3.5). (again, maybe sooner).

> --
> Michael Mattias
> Tal Systems
> Racine WI USA
> The views and opinions expressed herein are my own.
> As I am self-employed, they also express the views of my employer.

> >In FirstBasic/PB, how does one explicitly declare variables?
> >Is it possible?

> >Is Dim reserved for arrays in PB?

> >Does FB/PB have Option Explicit?

> >Thanks very much.

Wed, 27 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 explicit variable declaration
Thanks.

Quote:
> DIM is reserved for arrays in FirstBASIC (PowerBASIC v 2.1)

> DIM may be used for "regular" variables in PB/DOS 3.2 (maybe 3.1) and
> higher.

> The compiler option metastatement $DIM ALL (means "option explict") is
> available in PB/DOS 3.5 (current) and I think was also available in 3.2
(one
> release before 3.5). (again, maybe sooner).

> --
> Michael Mattias
> Tal Systems
> Racine WI USA
> The views and opinions expressed herein are my own.
> As I am self-employed, they also express the views of my employer.

> >In FirstBasic/PB, how does one explicitly declare variables?
> >Is it possible?

> >Is Dim reserved for arrays in PB?

> >Does FB/PB have Option Explicit?

> >Thanks very much.

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Explicit variable declaration and file I/O

2. Explicit wire declarations in Verilog-XL.

3. Global variables in FILE declaration, FILE references; C4b

4. Variable Declaration Styles

5. Variable declarations

6. Trouble using variables for function names in function declarations

7. variable parameters declaration

8. variable declaration?

9. Localized Variable Declaration

10. VHDL function declaration (variable)

11. implicit variable declaration

12. variable length Charcater declaration