PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed
Author Message
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

Hello -
        Does anyone have information about available 3rd party books on
powerbasic.  Do the user's manuals,etc exist in pdf format?  I am trying
to learn PowerBasic and have no documentation other than the help
screens.

Thanks.
Jim

Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:59:44 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed
PowerBASIC 3.2 came with a very nice two-volume set of printed manuals, but
were never available in electronic format (e.g., *.pdf).

If you've lost yours, I suggest you contact...

PowerBASIC Inc
316 Mid Valley Center
Carmel CA 93923
Voice: 831-659-8000
Facs : 831-659-8008
Sales 1-800-780-7707
www.powerbasic.com

.. to inquire about purchasing a replacement.

You'll need your serial number to order.

--
Michael Mattias
Tal Systems

Quote:
> Hello -
> Does anyone have information about available 3rd party books on
> PowerBasic.  Do the user's manuals,etc exist in pdf format?  I am trying
> to learn PowerBasic and have no documentation other than the help
> screens.

Fri, 01 Aug 2003 07:07:41 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed
Hi Jim & Michael,

Thanks for jumping in there Michael, it is appreciated!  Michael is
correct in that Jim can obtain a replacement set of manuals, but only
for the current edition of PowerBASIC for DOS (version 3.5).

The vast majority of the information in the 3.5 manual set will be
useful and applicable to PB/DOS 3.2, but you'll have to "ignore" the
information regarding VIRTUAL arrays using EMS memory, etc.

You can order on-line  from:

PowerBASIC Shop on-line:
http://www.powerbasic.com/shop/

Quote:

>PowerBASIC 3.2 came with a very nice two-volume set of printed manuals, but
>were never available in electronic format (e.g., *.pdf).

>If you've lost yours, I suggest you contact...

>PowerBASIC Inc
>316 Mid Valley Center
>Carmel CA 93923
>Voice: 831-659-8000
>Facs : 831-659-8008
>Sales 1-800-780-7707
>www.powerbasic.com

>.. to inquire about purchasing a replacement.

>You'll need your serial number to order.

>--
>Michael Mattias
>Tal Systems
>Racine WI USA

>> Hello -
>> Does anyone have information about available 3rd party books on
>> PowerBasic.  Do the user's manuals,etc exist in pdf format?  I am trying
>> to learn PowerBasic and have no documentation other than the help
>> screens.

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Fri, 01 Aug 2003 23:37:52 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

Quote:
> *Hi!
> * I tried this without any success!?

Well, that's PowerBASIC sales for ya.They must have some people on staff who
think they work for Microsoft.

Michael Mattias
Tal Systems
Racine WI USA

> > PowerBASIC 3.2 came with a very nice two-volume set of printed manuals,
but
> > were never available in electronic format (e.g., *.pdf).
> > If you've lost yours, I suggest you contact...
> > PowerBASIC Inc
> > 316 Mid Valley Center
> > Carmel CA 93923
> > Voice: 831-659-8000
> > Facs : 831-659-8008
> > Sales 1-800-780-7707
> > www.powerbasic.com

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 06:31:44 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed
Hi Wolfgang,

I'm not sure what you mean by "without any success" (ie, they told you
no manuals were available or...?).   I also responded to you in this
thread, and I discussed the availability of manuals... did you see
that response?

Please note that since PB3.2 has been superceded by PB3.5 for more
than 3 years, and as a result, _updates_ for 3.2 are no longer
available.  The same applies to the availability of manuals for PB3.2.

However, there is an upgrade path you can take to move from PB3.2 to
PB3.5, but the upgrade is not free.   More information can be found on
the PowerBASIC web site at:

Shop on-line:
http://www.powerbasic.com/shop/

I hope this helps!

Quote:

>> PowerBASIC 3.2 came with a very nice two-volume set of printed manuals, but
>> were never available in electronic format (e.g., *.pdf).
>> If you've lost yours, I suggest you contact...
>> PowerBASIC Inc
>* I tried this without any success!?
>* I owe a PB3 and still using it (mainly asm DB xx...)
>* during the years there may be some new updates.
>regards
>wolfgang kern

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:11:49 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

Quote:
> Hi Wolfgang,

> I'm not sure what you mean by "without any success" (ie, they told you
> no manuals were available or...?).   I also responded to you in this
> thread, and I discussed the availability of manuals... did you see
> that response?

Hi!
*Thanks for reply
*"web-site not found message!
*Are there any Europian sites? I bought my 3.0 and update  3.2 from a german site.
*Believe it was "Rehkirsch ?", some time passed meanwhile......
regards
wolfgang kern
Quote:
> Please note that since PB3.2 has been superceded by PB3.5 for more
> than 3 years, and as a result, _updates_ for 3.2 are no longer
> available.  The same applies to the availability of manuals for PB3.2.
> However, there is an upgrade path you can take to move from PB3.2 to
> PB3.5, but the upgrade is not free.   More information can be found on
> the PowerBASIC web site at:
> Shop on-line:
> http://www.powerbasic.com/shop/
> I hope this helps!
>----
> PowerBASIC, Inc.      | 800-780-7707 Sales | "We put the Power in Basic!"
> 316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.powerbasic.com

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:40:26 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

Quote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>  You should be able to go directly to the PowerBASIC web site at:
> http://www.powerbasic.com
> or directly to the Shop page at:
> http://www.powerbasic.com/shop/

Hi!
Thanks!
After several tries, I got connected.
It's an extremly slow page and therefore terminated by my input limits.
regards
wolfgang

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:46:39 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed
I'm located (in NZ) about 10,000 miles from the PB server and it's
very fast for me... the PowerBASIC web server is running on a DSL
line.  I would have to conclude that the problems are somewhere
between you and the server.

BTW, there has been a huge Denial of Service (DoS) attack on the NZ
gateway this weekend, and it effectively cut NZ off from the world...
it's supposed to be fixed (about 1 hr ago), but my NNTP service from
the US is incredibly slow still.  HTTP seems ok for a selection of
sites that I've visited.

Maybe your provider or Intl gateway has had similar problems?

Quote:

>Hi!
>Thanks!
>After several tries, I got connected.
>It's an extremly slow page and therefore terminated by my input limits.
>regards
>wolfgang

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:04:50 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

Quote:

> > Hi Wolfgang,
> >  You should be able to go directly to the PowerBASIC web site at:
> > http://www.powerbasic.com
> > or directly to the Shop page at:
> > http://www.powerbasic.com/shop/

> Hi!
> Thanks!
> After several tries, I got connected.
> It's an extremly slow page and therefore terminated by my input limits.
> regards
> wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

i visit the PB webs site on a daily basis, but I don't see the delays
you described. It works as fast (or as slow, for that matter) as any
other web site.

I guess the german vendor you are looking for (and where you bought your
copy of PB 3.2) is "Kirschbaum Software". I don't know the URL or
address by heart.

Knuth
--
"Don't sing it - bring it!"
http://www.softAware.de

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:13:40 GMT
 PB32 Tutorial Books/Documentation needed

Quote:
> I'm located (in NZ) about 10,000 miles from the PB server and it's
> very fast for me... the PowerBASIC web server is running on a DSL
> line.  I would have to conclude that the problems are somewhere
> between you and the server.

> BTW, there has been a huge Denial of Service (DoS) attack on the NZ
> gateway this weekend, and it effectively cut NZ off from the world...
> it's supposed to be fixed (about 1 hr ago), but my NNTP service from
> the US is incredibly slow still.  HTTP seems ok for a selection of
> sites that I've visited.

> Maybe your provider or Intl gateway has had similar problems?

I'm sited in Austria/Europe and all the oversee-connections works fine (most of the time..)
My line is a real wire,  you may have a sat-connection which is faster anyway.

Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:48:29 GMT

1. I need documentation and a tutorial

2. Good tutorial book needed!

3. Need rcommendation for Visual Fortran tutorial/book?

4. Newbie to Tcl / Tk needs a quick start tutorial, and book

5. In need of a TKperl book or on-line tutorial quickly

6. Smalltalk Books/Tutorial - Tutorial for GNU

7. Some inquiries about Dylan tutorials and documentation

8. Bobo Documentation and Tutorial Available

9. Numerical Python Documentation and Tutorial

10. mod_ruby documentation/tutorial...

11. Boa Constructor: Tutorial, Documentation, or online help????

12. Bobo Documentation and Tutorial Available