dos file dates
Author Message
 dos file dates

Using PB 3.1 Dos and want to know if there is any way to read Dos file
dates for open files. Also, is there a way to use an arbitrary date for
creating a Dos file?

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dos file dates

Quote:
>Using PB 3.1 Dos and want to know if there is any way to read Dos file
>dates for open files.

If I remember correctly, yes.

Quote:
>Also, is there a way to use an arbitrary date for creating a Dos file?

I don't quite understand what you're asking but 99% yes.

   ____    _    ____      ____  _____
  |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

  |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
  ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
      Vertical Software Solutions

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dos file dates

Quote:

>Using PB 3.1 Dos and want to know if there is any way to read Dos file
>dates for open files. Also, is there a way to use an arbitrary date for
>creating a Dos file?

The DIRUNIT.BAS file supplied with PB/DOS 3.1 includes routines to get the
file date-time stamps (also to make them readable).

To set a file's date-time stamp, you need to use CALL INTERRUPT &h21 using
service &h57 subfunction 01.

MCM

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dos file dates
If I create a new DOS file "TEST.TXT" and I want to assign  08/01/99 as
the file date, how do I do it using PB. Also, if I want to read the file
date of an existing DOS File, how do I do it in PB.

Thanx

Quote:
> On Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:59:44 -0400, "Leon FB"

Quote:

> >Using PB 3.1 Dos and want to know if there is any way to read Dos file
> >dates for open files.
> If I remember correctly, yes.

> >Also, is there a way to use an arbitrary date for creating a Dos file?
> I don't quite understand what you're asking but 99% yes.

>    ____    _    ____      ____  _____
>   |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _) Don Schullian

>   |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|    www.DASoftVSS.com
>   ___________________________________   www.basicguru.com
>       Vertical Software Solutions

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. DOS file creation/modified date

2. DOS compressed date/time into real date/time

3. cw2003: transfer blob into dos files, transfer dos files into blob

4. Create Time / date or Modified Time / date of a txt file

5. CW2.003 File copy changes the date.....need a way to copy w/o date change

6. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

7. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

8. get file size and file date

9. CW2.003 Copy file changes file date

10. FILE-TIME FILE-DATE ?

11. REQ HELP: DOS Date format (ST/X)