Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!
Author Message
 Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

No, because the DLL is a protected-mode 32-bit Windows library, which
is designed for linking to a 32-bit Windows application, not a DOS
application.

If you want to use it with PB/DOS, you can either implement it as an
EXE that can be SHELLed from a PB/DOS app (it would need to be
"marked" as a console app to ensure synchronous operation), or write a
PB/DOS version of the library (say, by creating a PBU [Unit] file.
If the code is primarilty "computational" code, then it may be
relatively easy to create a PB/DOS Unit file, but it will really
depend on what your code does, and how much memory it requires to run.

I hope this helps!

Quote:

>FYI, it was built in PB/DLL6 and compiled as a 32-bit DLL
>There are no windows calls that I know of. The version on
>the web site has a message box, but there is also a version
>without this message box. Would this work with PB/DOS?

Lance
powerbasic Support

316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:01:26 GMT
 Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!
Lance, thank you very much for the precious info you' re giving on this. I hope this will be good for Richard to make his
library usable with PB/DOS under *plain* DOS (or check the way if it is already so), which would be my big goal.

I think that bypassing Windows here would make a particularly big lot of sense, because neural network operations
might be heavy under the computational point of view, and under this point of view, plain DOS is a total winner against
Windows (which is much better for a lot of other aspects, yes, of course).

I hope it will be soon possible to combine the pure power of PB/DOS with neural networks! :D

> No, because the DLL is a protected-mode 32-bit Windows library, which
> is designed for linking to a 32-bit Windows application, not a DOS
> application.

> If you want to use it with PB/DOS, you can either implement it as an
> EXE that can be SHELLed from a PB/DOS app (it would need to be
> "marked" as a console app to ensure synchronous operation), or write a
> PB/DOS version of the library (say, by creating a PBU [Unit] file.
> If the code is primarilty "computational" code, then it may be
> relatively easy to create a PB/DOS Unit file, but it will really
> depend on what your code does, and how much memory it requires to run.

> I hope this helps!

> >FYI, it was built in PB/DLL6 and compiled as a 32-bit DLL
> >There are no windows calls that I know of. The version on
> >the web site has a message box, but there is also a version
> >without this message box. Would this work with PB/DOS?

> Lance
> PowerBASIC Support

> PowerBASIC, Inc.      | 800-780-7707 Sales | "We put the Power in Basic!"
> 316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.powerbasic.com

Mon, 03 Nov 2003 18:01:15 GMT

1. Ref: Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

2. Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

3. Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

4. Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

5. Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

6. Free Artificial Intelligence Neural Network Library!

7. NEEDED: data base structure for artificial neural network

8. Efficient arrays for artificial neural networks?

9. Free Tutorial in Artificial Intelligence

10. Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved

11. two agendas of artificial intelligence

12. Smalltalk/Artificial Intelligence?