 Power Basic for Linux

Is this vaporware? When will we see it?

John

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:09:56 GMT
 Power Basic for Linux
Hi John,

I can assure you it is not vaporware, but a real product.  However, at
this time it is still under development.  Please understand that
writing and testing compilers takes a lot of time... compilers are
very complex pieces of software...!

Thanks for asking!

Quote:

>Is this vaporware? When will we see it?

>John

Lance
powerbasic Support

Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:19:42 GMT
 Power Basic for Linux
Hi Lance

That's good news. Do you know which versions of Linux it'll support?
I do my development on a 32 meg 120 MHz pentium system. Will it run on
a system with such low resources? I don't want to upgrade
I won't need a gui with it will I?

John

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:19:42 +1200, Lance Edmonds

Quote:

>Hi John,

>I can assure you it is not vaporware, but a real product.  However, at
>this time it is still under development.  Please understand that
>writing and testing compilers takes a lot of time... compilers are
>very complex pieces of software...!

>Thanks for asking!

>>Is this vaporware? When will we see it?

>>John

>Lance
>PowerBASIC Support

>PowerBASIC, Inc.      | 800-780-7707 Sales | "We put the Power in Basic!"
>316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.powerbasic.com

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:00:21 GMT
 Power Basic for Linux
I'm afraid that Bob Zale would {*filter*} me if I divulged any details
of an unreleased product... therefore I'm afraid I can't really answer
your questions!

However, I am allowed to say that PB/Linux is likely to be somewhat
similar to PB/CC... {smile}

Thanks for asking!

Quote:

>Hi Lance

>That's good news. Do you know which versions of Linux it'll support?
>I do my development on a 32 meg 120 MHz pentium system. Will it run on
>a system with such low resources? I don't want to upgrade
>I won't need a gui with it will I?

>John

>On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:19:42 +1200, Lance Edmonds

>>Hi John,

>>I can assure you it is not vaporware, but a real product.  However, at
>>this time it is still under development.  Please understand that
>>writing and testing compilers takes a lot of time... compilers are
>>very complex pieces of software...!

>>Thanks for asking!

Lance
PowerBASIC Support

316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:02:40 GMT
 Power Basic for Linux

Quote:

>I'm afraid that Bob Zale would {*filter*} me if I divulged any details
>of an unreleased product... therefore I'm afraid I can't really answer
>your questions!
>However, I am allowed to say that PB/Linux is likely to be somewhat
>similar to PB/CC... {smile}
>Thanks for asking!

Go Lance GO!!! :)

Iwan.
--
UnetIX Linux Solutions
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 00:48:53 GMT
 Power Basic for Linux
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:02:40 +1200, Lance Edmonds

Quote:

>I'm afraid that Bob Zale would {*filter*} me if I divulged any details
>of an unreleased product... therefore I'm afraid I can't really answer
>your questions!

Wasn't Bob looking forward to a trip to New Zealand ?

Ron  n1zhi

www.n1zhi.org
Real programmers hand-code their JPEGs.

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 08:15:50 GMT
 Power Basic for Linux
PB/CC would be great. I guess I'll have to wait then:). I just hope
they don't come up with something that requires XWindows and 512 meg
of ram to run. One advantage of Linux is it doesn't require a gui so
it can be much more effective than windows.

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:02:40 +1200, Lance Edmonds

Quote:

>I'm afraid that Bob Zale would {*filter*} me if I divulged any details
>of an unreleased product... therefore I'm afraid I can't really answer
>your questions!

>However, I am allowed to say that PB/Linux is likely to be somewhat
>similar to PB/CC... {smile}

>Thanks for asking!

>>Hi Lance

>>That's good news. Do you know which versions of Linux it'll support?
>>I do my development on a 32 meg 120 MHz pentium system. Will it run on
>>a system with such low resources? I don't want to upgrade
>>I won't need a gui with it will I?

>>John

>>On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:19:42 +1200, Lance Edmonds

>>>Hi John,

>>>I can assure you it is not vaporware, but a real product.  However, at
>>>this time it is still under development.  Please understand that
>>>writing and testing compilers takes a lot of time... compilers are
>>>very complex pieces of software...!

>>>Thanks for asking!

>Lance
>PowerBASIC Support

>PowerBASIC, Inc.      | 800-780-7707 Sales | "We put the Power in Basic!"
>316 Mid Valley Center | 831-659-8000 Voice | http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:00:29 GMT

1. Power Basic CC vs Power Basic for DOS

2. Power Basic DLL 6.0

3. Isam and Power-basic

4. Power Basic and DDE

5. Power B.A.S.I.C newcomer

6. Power Basic List server

7. Power BASIC "ARRAY" commands

8. Comparaciones entre Smalltalk, Power Buider y Visual Basic

9. How mixed fortran power station 4.0 with visual basic

10. Power Estimation in Design Power

11. Looking for information about power estimation and low power design

12. Readl basic probem - can't import shared library modules on Linux