PLEASE HELP
Author Message
 PLEASE HELP

Hey

 I have been trying to write a voice recognition program by the use of Quick Basic,
I thought it would be possible by recieving the value of the mic-in every 10th of a second
and and comparing it to the first recording and calculating the difrence between the two

my problem is based on getting the microhphone value???
could any one help me on this?

I thank you in advance and I hope to recieve a reply soon (to my email or to here)

thank
  Ofer Springer

Wed, 03 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PLEASE HELP
Hey

 I have been trying to write a voice recognition program by the use of Quick Basic,
I thought it would be possible by recieving the value of the mic-in every 10th of a second
and and comparing it to the first recording and calculating the difrence between the two

my problem is based on getting the microhphone value???
could any one help me on this?

I thank you in advance and I hope to recieve a reply soon (to my email or to here)

thank
  Ofer Springer

Wed, 03 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 PLEASE HELP

Quote:

>Hey

> I have been trying to write a voice recognition program by the use of Quick Basic,
>I thought it would be possible by recieving the value of the mic-in every 10th of a second
>and and comparing it to the first recording and calculating the difrence between the two
>my problem is based on getting the microhphone value???
>could any one help me on this?

You won't get anywhere by sampling the mic-in just 10 times a second. I
don't know what sampling frequency you could use as a minimum for voice
recognitition as I've never looked into it, but low-quality recording is
done from 11,025 Hz, i.e. 11,025 times a second.

As a very, very rough guideline, a loop that just gets an input from a
COM port on my 486/66 in QBASIC (interpreted) averages at 100,000 ticks
a second with no extra processing at all. Hardly meaningful I know, but
at least it means that even interpreted Basic can do _some_ kind of
processing at the required frequency.

I can't help you with your real question, about reading mic input, I'm
afraid.

--
                 _
James Eibisch  ('v')       N : E : T : A : D : E : L : I : C : A

Thu, 04 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

2. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

3. Please Help...Crystal Reports..Please Help

4. PLEASE HELP... PLEASE HELP... PLEASE HELP...

5. Please Please PLEASE HELP!!!!!

6. Please please please, help me :-)

7. Please, please, please help!!

8. Cloning problem -- please please please help

9. Please, please, please, help!

10. DATAbase Printing PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

11. DATAbase Printing - PLEASE, PLEASE Help me - please?

12. Please, Please, Please,Help craxdrt.dll