Play wave and midi sounds using QB4.5
Author Message
 Play wave and midi sounds using QB4.5

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could send me some sample code on how to to
speak to the soundcar?. I would like to be able to play midi and wave
files like in windows (if this is possible).

On an unrelated note, do I read the CDROM as just another drive?

Cheers and Thanks
Alex

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Play wave and midi sounds using QB4.5

Hey there,

Quote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone could send me some sample code on how to to
> speak to the soundcar?. I would like to be able to play midi and wave
> files like in windows (if this is possible).

There are some players around, but they may not play too well in the
background.
Molnar/Kucalaba have done a 4-channel SoundBlaster program.

Quote:
> On an unrelated note, do I read the CDROM as just another drive?

Yep. Just D: or whatever. You just can't write to it.
(I think. Apologies if this is wrong...)
BTW, there's a QB CD Player at http://laz.home.ml.org/ - under SFX.

Laz.

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. How can I play Wave or Midi Files in VB4.0 32-Bit

2. Playing Wave and Midi Files

3. Playing wave file or MIDI as background, how???

4. Midi/wave Playing testing help!!!

5. Playing a wave sound...

6. Windows 95: determine a wave sound is playing?

7. Playing wave sounds from VB

8. Playing a wave sound...

9. Windows 95: determine a wave sound is playing?

10. playing midi sound files!!

11. How To Play MIDI/WAV Sounds

12. Playing a MIDI sound in EXcel ?