serial interfacing
Author Message
 serial interfacing

in QuickBASIC  to a control device.
In Anaesthesia we are doing this all the time, and He might therefore
be interested in our book on just this subject which was
published earlier this year. (see below for title and publisher).
Serial interfacing in QuickBASIC (and QBASIC) is pretty simple,
but almost completely undocumented for some reason,
Until our book on the subject came out that is :-)
The book is:-
"Interfacing the IBM-PC to Medical Equipment"
by RWD Nickalls & R Ramasubramanian
date: 1995
Publisher: Cambridge University Press,
Customer Services Dept, The Edinburgh Building,
Cambridge, UK,
CB2 2RU.

24 hr ordering is possible via:
TEL: +44-1223-325970 (international)  [Uk 01223-325970]
FAX: +44-1223-325959 (international) [UK 01223-325959]

sorry about the plug, but it does seem relevant just here.
Any queries on this subject, I will be pleased to answer.
cheers,{*filter*} Nickalls,
Dept Anaesthesia,
City Hospital, Nottingham, UK

------------------

Wed, 25 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Control of Serial Interface by VBA

2. Serial Interface

3. detecting non-working serial interface

4. Anyone ever serial interfaced with a radio scanner?

5. Serial Interface

6. Q: Topper Serial Interfaces

7. serial interface VB component needed

8. Data Transfer over Serial Interface (V.24 / RS232)

9. problems with serial interfacing

10. Access to the serial interface, how can I read/write ASCII-Chars to COM1 ?

11. VBA interface to serial RS232 port

12. REQ: Serial Port Interface