Ports COM3,COM4 in Qbasic.
Author Message
 Ports COM3,COM4 in Qbasic.

Hi There !

I desperately neet to know how to open COM3 and COM4 in the same manner
like OPEN "COM1:1200,n,7,2,rs,cd,ds,cd" ...............
I tried using Turbo Pascal with some ready made USES for ports but couldn't
declare those "rs,cd,ds,cd" things, which are very important for my
measurement
instruments. (without them those multimeters wont communicate !)

So if anyone has ANY idea what should I do , please HELP me here or even
better

I am a medial student working on a cool project in which I use multimeters
connected to voltage clamps as data aquisition system.
So far I'm only able to use 2 inputs (com1,com2) but DESPERATELY need 4
with COM3 and COM4.

PLEASE HELP !

Best Regards and thanks in advance,

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Ports COM3,COM4 in Qbasic.

Quote:

>I desperately neet to know how to open COM3 and COM4 in
>the same manner like OPEN "COM1:1200,n,7,2,rs,cd,ds,cd"
>So if anyone has ANY idea what should I do , please HELP me
>here or even better

You've got to swap the addresses for Com1/3 Com2/4 -

Port% = 3   'or whatever
SELECT CASE Port%
     CASE 1
        Port$ = "COM1:19200,N,8,1"
     CASE 2
        Port$ = "COM2:19200,N,8,1"
     CASE 3
        POKE &H400, &HE8   'com1 to com3
        Port$ = "COM1:19200,N,8,1"
     CASE 4
        POKE &H402, &HE8   'com2 to com4
        Port$ = "COM2:19200,N,8,1"
END SELECT
OPEN Port$ FOR RANDOM AS #1

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:

2. Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic

3. Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic

4. Open COM4 port at 14400bps with QBasic

5. COM3 and COM4 in QuickBasic

6. COM3 & COM4 in Quickbasic

7. Com3 and Com4 from QuickBasic 4.5

8. problem whith com3, com4

9. VBDOS and COM3 & COM4

10. Accessing COM3 and COM4

11. Q: Controlling COM3 w/ QBASIC?

12. Need to send a string to the serial COM3: port using VBA