VB questions for the Experts: Complete NULL record.....
Author Message
 VB questions for the Experts: Complete NULL record.....

I have 2 question for the VB experts.

1)      I currently have VB 5.0 Pro edition.  I have been told to get VB 4.0 for
developing apps for both Win3.1, and Win95.  What edition of VB 4.0 do I
need. I have found VB 4.0 Standard (not the Pro ).  Will this one compile
an app written for for both 16bit, and the 32bit (Win95), or do I need the
'Pro' edition?

2)      Why is the last record in an indexed VB file a complete NULL record (ASC
value of 0)?  Is this due to how the file is written, or defined, or what?

Thanks for the help
Please respond to

and

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB questions for the Experts: Complete NULL record.....

Quote:

> 1) I currently have VB 5.0 Pro edition.  I have been told to get VB 4.0
for
> developing apps for both Win3.1, and Win95.  What edition of VB 4.0 do I
> need. I have found VB 4.0 Standard (not the Pro ).  Will this one compile
> an app written for for both 16bit, and the 32bit (Win95), or do I need
the
> 'Pro' edition?

I have VB 4.0 Pro, and it comes with separate 16-bit and 32-bit versions on
the same CD.  I don't think VB 4.0 Standard has both.
--
Judson McClendon        This is a faithful saying and worthy of all
Sun Valley Systems      acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB questions for the Experts: Complete NULL record.....

2. double null question [2 * Null = Null] !!!

3. Using Is Null in Selection Expert ????

4. VB / JET experts question

5. A question: Best VBA book for expert VB programmer

6. Have a question for a VB EXPERT

7. Question for VB and WIN API Experts

8. MDI - a question for VB WIN API experts

9. Tough question for VB experts...

10. null in vb and null in sql7

11. Check if field is complete before record navigation

12. Null Null Null!!!!!!!!!