Re : TSR kaj SB en SB
Author Message
 Re : TSR kaj SB en SB

Quote:
>I'd like to know, whether one can do TSR-programs
>with Basic (QuickBasic to be exact) or not.

   I'm a user of QB 4.0 myself. I don't know for sure whether it is
 possible, but EVEN if kylla" then it would require sophisticated program-
 ming (still more soph'd by the fact that you don't just write a TSR
 programme in ASM or C, but have to interface your low-level (in fact, ASM
 or alike) code - I think it will be inevitable - with QB, which is
 in itself a tedious task). So my advice will be (I like BASIC!): NOT
 to write TSR's in QB x.x

Quote:
>Is it possible to play MOD-files with Basic & SB?

   What is a .MOD file ? And SB=SoundBlaster, I presume ?

   Uzulo

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:54:23 GMT
 Re : TSR kaj SB en SB
: >I'd like to know, whether one can do TSR-programs
: >with Basic (QuickBasic to be exact) or not.

[snip]

Yes, you can. Check out STAY-RES Plus from MicroHelp. 404.552.0565

Tue, 25 Feb 1997 06:58:47 GMT
 Re : TSR kaj SB en SB
: : >I'd like to know, whether one can do TSR-programs
: : >with Basic (QuickBasic to be exact) or not.

: Yes, you can. Check out STAY-RES Plus from MicroHelp. 404.552.0565

Or buy Power Basic 3 which has it built in.

Wed, 26 Feb 1997 02:13:47 GMT
 Re : TSR kaj SB en SB

Quote:

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.misc
> Subject: Re : TSR kaj SB en SB
> Date: Thu, 08 Sep 94 10:54:23 +0400

> >I'd like to know, whether one can do TSR-programs
> >with Basic (QuickBasic to be exact) or not.

>    I'm a user of QB 4.0 myself. I don't know for sure whether it is
>  possible, but EVEN if kylla" then it would require sophisticated program-
>  ming (still more soph'd by the fact that you don't just write a TSR
>  programme in ASM or C, but have to interface your low-level (in fact, ASM
>  or alike) code - I think it will be inevitable - with QB, which is
>  in itself a tedious task). So my advice will be (I like BASIC!): NOT
>  to write TSR's in QB x.x

> >Is it possible to play MOD-files with Basic & SB?

>    What is a .MOD file ? And SB=SoundBlaster, I presume ?

>    Uzulo

You can write TSR's using Quickbasic 4.5.  Call Crescent Software
(800-35-BASIC) and ask about "PDQ".

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 20:36:22 GMT

1. How to play a frequency in PB over the SB

2. SB Programs

3. SB Frequency playing

4. QBasic\SB\WAV

5. SB Frequency play code

6. DEMO of 9-channel background SB available NOW!!!

7. SB-data :what is it?

8. QB, SB & MODS

9. Playing Midi Files on the SB in Quickbasic 4.5

10. Help simple SB programming in BASIC

11. SB-recording

12. Help - how to use SB with WAV files.