Where is XPB! site? 
Author Message
 Where is XPB! site?

What happened to XPB! BASIC website?  Did 'Tony' quit the project or did he
just take down his site for a short time?

G   C



Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:33:32 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?

Quote:

> What happened to XPB! BASIC website?  Did 'Tony' quit the project or did he
> just take down his site for a short time?

it's history. as is the compiler...

there is an xpb forum at http://www.scottserver.org

i'm assuming it's only for code support not bug reports...

--
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tsummerfelt1



Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:51:02 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:51:02 GMT, tony summerfelt

Quote:


>> What happened to XPB! BASIC website?  Did 'Tony' quit the project or did he
>> just take down his site for a short time?

>it's history. as is the compiler...

How curious - he seemed so enthusiastic a few weeks ago

... must have got a contract ...



Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:09:09 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?

Quote:

>On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:51:02 GMT, tony summerfelt


>>> What happened to XPB! BASIC website?  Did 'Tony' quit the project or did he
>>> just take down his site for a short time?

>>it's history. as is the compiler...

>How curious - he seemed so enthusiastic a few weeks ago

>... must have got a contract ...

His last email to registered users mentioned
royalties
ISP expenses
piracy
no longer fun

He shut down the web site, then brought it back up for use thru July 31, but it
was shut down sooner by the ISP for exceeding allowed bandwidth - probably
because everyone who got the "end of the line" letter went and downloaded all
the FAQ's, samples, and forum messages.

The forum mentioned in another post is now the meeting place for XPB! users.

I have a (registered) copy that I've only used to explore a little of what the
compiler offered.  My paying project at the time was ASP/SQL Server work.
I got XPB! because it appeared to have great potential (I expected it to be
commercially competitive in release 2.x or 3).  

I'm currently project-less and learning programming for Palm-based PDA's using
NSBasic (www.nsbasic.com); see the link in my signature for a couple of sample
programs.  Old brain cells, like old joints, get stiff if they go unused for
extended periods ;-)

More about me: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/
VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html
VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html
My newest language - NSBasic for the Palm PDA: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/nsbsource.html
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/
johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.



Tue, 17 Jan 2006 02:51:19 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?

<snip>

Quote:
>I have a (registered) copy that I've only used to explore a little of what the
>compiler offered.  My paying project at the time was ASP/SQL Server work.
>I got XPB! because it appeared to have great potential (I expected it to be
>commercially competitive in release 2.x or 3).  

Is it any good ?

Quote:

>I'm currently project-less and learning programming for Palm-based PDA's using
>NSBasic (www.nsbasic.com); see the link in my signature for a couple of sample
>programs.  Old brain cells, like old joints, get stiff if they go unused for
>extended periods ;-)

Old bastards don't trip on trip-wires
- they set them

Brain Cells are no substitute for a mine detector



Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:31:59 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?

Quote:


><snip>
>>I have a (registered) copy that I've only used to explore a little of what the
>>compiler offered.  My paying project at the time was ASP/SQL Server work.
>>I got XPB! because it appeared to have great potential (I expected it to be
>>commercially competitive in release 2.x or 3).  

>Is it any good ?

XPB! requires a mind-shift, because of its assembly flavor (including headers)
and I haven't done assembly in years: memory mapped printer driver for the Timex
ZX-80; corrected the toupper() and tolower() functions in the library of a C
compiler on a Radio Shack Color Computer (6809 at 0.8MHz, 64K and 2 double-sided
floppy drives ;-)

I've only compiled some of the sample apps.  XPB! supports inline assembly and
it does create small, fast, stand-alone apps - unlike the 23meg download to
support .net applications.

Quote:

>>I'm currently project-less and learning programming for Palm-based PDA's using
>>NSBasic (www.nsbasic.com); see the link in my signature for a couple of sample
>>programs.  Old brain cells, like old joints, get stiff if they go unused for
>>extended periods ;-)

>Old bastards don't trip on trip-wires
>- they set them

>Brain Cells are no substitute for a mine detector

More about me: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/
VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html
VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html
My newest language - NSBasic for the Palm PDA: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/nsbsource.html
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/
johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.


Wed, 18 Jan 2006 05:32:26 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?

Quote:
>there is an xpb forum at http://www.scottserver.org

Are you sure?  "Website Not Responding..." or some such message.


Wed, 18 Jan 2006 07:09:49 GMT  
 Where is XPB! site?

Quote:

>>there is an xpb forum at http://www.scottserver.org

>Are you sure?  "Website Not Responding..." or some such message.

It worked the one time I tried it.  Meanwhile, someone else has started a forum
on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/XPB_Basic_Supporters

More about me: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/
VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html
VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html
My newest language - NSBasic for the Palm PDA: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/nsbsource.html
Drivers for Pablo graphics tablet and JamCam cameras: http://home.earthlink.net/~mwbt/
johnecarter atat mindspring dotdot com. Fix the obvious to reply by email.



Thu, 19 Jan 2006 04:54:20 GMT  
 
 [ 8 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. XPB! Basic Trial Available

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. I am learning VB.NET and am wondering....

4. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

5. New Site : VB Support Site needs Testing

6. If site(1) to site(10) strComp( pagetext, mylasttext, 1 ) = 0 then

7. Adding sites to local intranet sites in IE5

8. FYI - New Web Site Security Issue - Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability

9. Site Maps - for web site

10. Site grouping other sites

11. Moving Crystal Enterprise's Virtual Directories from the Default Site to another site

12. Best site for freelancer work (PHP, Web site, java, oracle sql, php, data entry)

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software