Help, dir : how to class files by alphabetical order
Author Message
 Help, dir : how to class files by alphabetical order

Quote:

>I used the "dir" and need to class the resulting files by alphabetical order.
>Please help me, i need the solution before the 25 of february.
>Thanks in advance

Which language?

In powerbasic...

DIM F$(100)
F$(0) = DIR$("*.*")
WHILE LEN(F$(0)) > 0
  INCR Last%
  F$(Last%) = F$(0)
  IF Last% = UBOUND(F$(1)) THEN EXIT LOOP
  F$(0) = DIR$
WEND
ARRAY SORT F$(1) FOR Last%

  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help, dir : how to class files by alphabetical order

Quote:

> I used the "dir" and need to class the resulting files by alphabetical
order.
> Please help me, i need the solution before the 25 of february.
> Thanks in advance

"DIR /ON"
--
Judson McClendon          This is a faithful saying and worthy of all
Sun Valley Systems        acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the

(please remove zzz from email id to respond)

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help, dir : how to class files by alphabetical order

Quote:
>I used the "dir" and need to class the resulting files by alphabetical order.
>Please help me, i need the solution before the 25 of february.
>Thanks in advance
>vronique

DIR /O

if you need them written to a file:

DIR /O > filename.txt

-Michael.

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need DIR command returning in Alphabetical Order

2. Get files in alphabetical order

3. to cross a table in alphabetical order

4. Printing documents in alphabetical order

5. Print documents in alphabetical order

6. Print documents in alphabetical order

7. Automatic alphabetical order

8. Alphabetical order

9. DBCombo to show fields in alphabetical order

10. sorting array values in alphabetical order

11. listbox alphabetical order

12. Alphabetical Order