Border in SCREEN 13
Author Message
 Border in SCREEN 13

In SCREEN 13, I noticed that when I change the value for color attribute 0,
it changes the color of the border around the screen. Is this standard in
all video cards?

Cyd

Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Border in SCREEN 13

Quote:
> In SCREEN 13, I noticed that when I change the value for color attribute
0,
> it changes the color of the border around the screen. Is this standard in
> all video cards?

I'm afraid so.

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Border in SCREEN 13
I think the reason for this is in the colour memory, If the border was
always black then you could have 257 colours.  It probably just ties the
border colour to 0 because there is simply no where else to put it. (without
a 9 bit data type which I don't see happening). If changing the colour
attrib of 0 didn't change the border colour, I don't see any other way of
doing it.

--
Quxx

/+ACo-
I was assimilated by the Borg, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt.
+ACo-/

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Border in SCREEN 13

Quote:

> I think the reason for this is in the colour memory, If the border was
> always black then you could have 257 colours.  It probably just ties the
> border colour to 0 because there is simply no where else to put it. (without
> a 9 bit data type which I don't see happening). If changing the colour
> attrib of 0 didn't change the border colour, I don't see any other way of
> doing it.

It depends on the graphics card, because there was no fixed way of doing the
border defined for the the new screenmodes introduced in the VGA card.

My Matrox Millenium does it when you set pallete entry &Hex00,
but the card in my old 286 doesn't
the card in my 486 sl Laptop does
but the card in my 486 DX/2 Laptop doesn't

it just depends on the graphics card you have.
TTFN
Arclight

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

2. No Screen 13 in PBasic?

3. Flicker-Free Animation in Screen 13 without messing up the Background

4. Screen 13

5. Turning a block in SCREEN 13.

6. Address for Screen 11,12,13?

7. SCREEN 13 for PowerBASIC 3.xx

8. SCREEN 13 for PowerBASIC 3.xx

9. Need help: colors on SCREEN 13

10. Why is Screen 13 so Popular?

11. QBasic, other resolutions than SCREENs 0 thru 13

12. page flipping with SCREEN 13