poking memory addresses!!
Author Message
 poking memory addresses!!

AH>        I've been wondering that how do you guys get to know what is the
AH>address of a particular memory location. Is there some sort of guide out
AH>there that tells the hex-codes for these. I know for Video memory b2000,
AH>Bios data 64 but that's all I know. I would like to know about others
AH>too...... Thanks for your help..

   I suspect you're thinking of memory I/O addresses and such. One book that
   I found good for describing memory I/O addresses\ports is Frank Van
   Gilluwe's "The Undocumented PC". Costs about $45.00-$50.00 (US) but it's
   a keeper. Hope that helps. Good luck!

- Robert Fortune

 * OLX 2.1 TD * But they're just words in a book.

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 poking memory addresses!!

Video memory starts at B000H:0000H for monochrome adapters, and B800H:0000H
for colour adapters.

For more information, download Ralf Brown's Interrupt List from
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html
--
To reply to me via e-mail, remove all occurances of the word "dot" from my
reply address.

Quote:
> Hi all,
>    I've been wondering that how do you guys get to know what is the
> address of a particular memory location. Is there some sort of guide out
> there that tells the hex-codes for these. I know for Video memory b2000,
> Bios data 64 but that's all I know. I would like to know about others
> too...... Thanks for your help..
>                                            Sukant

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 poking memory addresses!!

Quote:
>Video memory starts at B000H:0000H for monochrome adapters, and B800H:0000H
>for colour adapters.

Yes, but only for textmode.
The graphical screens start at location &HA000:0000

Quote:
>For more information, download Ralf Brown's Interrupt List from
>http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html

A most useful source of information, indeed...
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg
-----------------------

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 poking memory addresses!!

--
Increase the Peace!
Charles LaCour

Quote:

>>Video memory starts at B000H:0000H for monochrome adapters, and
B800H:0000H
>>for colour adapters.

>Yes, but only for textmode.
>The graphical screens start at location &HA000:0000

Yes, but only higher resolution graphics.
Screen 1 and screen 2 start at &HB800:0000
Quote:
>>For more information, download Ralf Brown's Interrupt List from
>>http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/WWW/files.html

>A most useful source of information, indeed...
>--
>Marc van den Dikkenberg
>-----------------------
>The PowerBasic Archives
>http://www.xs4all.nl/~excel/pb.html

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 poking memory addresses!!

Hi all,
        I've been wondering that how do you guys get to know what is the
address of a particular memory location. Is there some sort of guide out
there that tells the hex-codes for these. I know for Video memory b2000,
Bios data 64 but that's all I know. I would like to know about others
too...... Thanks for your help..
                                                Sukant

Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'Poke'ing and 'peek'ing other process's memory in VB6

2. NEWBIE - Memory Mapping - 'POKE'

3. How to get data from I/O address or memory address

4. SAVING BITMAPS IN STRINGS AND POKING THEM INTO MEMORY ADDRESSES??!!??????

5. How do you Poke a value into a memory address?

6. Memory address of Array

7. Qbasic Address memory Reading...

8. How to read an absolute memory address

9. HELP accessing physcial memory at 32bit linear address &H00A00000

10. 32 bit memory addressing in Quick Basic with asm

11. memory address

12. Reading directly from memory addresses