Is there a Mac version of QuickBasic 4.5?
Author Message
 Is there a Mac version of QuickBasic 4.5?

A while ago I did see a quick basic 4.5 package meant for Mac computers.

Now i am not able to get it.

Does anyone have access to this program ?
Please adive or know where to get it ?

Thnaks

ala foo

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Is there a Mac version of QuickBasic 4.5?

Quote:
>A while ago I did see a quick basic 4.5 package meant for Mac computers.

Microsoft used to sell a series of BASIC interpreters for the Mac,
culminating in the release of MS QuickBASIC version 1. Shortly
thereafter, they dropped the product and have done nothing with it
for quite a few years.

I have an old copy, but as far as I can tell it won't run under
System 7.*, isn't 32 bit clean and is completely unsupported.

Quote:
>Now i am not able to get it.

This I don't doubt. But unless your using something like a
Mac Plus with pre-system 7, it probably wouldn't do you any
good anyways.

Quote:
>Does anyone have access to this program ?
>Please adive or know where to get it ?

You could take a look at Chipmunk BASIC - it's not a
compiler, but the price is right :) To have a look at it,
take a look at http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/

If you want a commercial BASIC compiler for the Mac, you're
best bet right now seems to be FutureBASIC II by Staz software.
It's not terribly QB compatible, but it does produce
commercial quality code and ship with a VB-like interface
generator (Warning - FBII does not produce native ppc code).
For more info check out http://www.stazsoftware.com/

Good luck!

Bill

Bill G. Riel                          Canadian Forest Service

Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Download Microsoft QuickBasic Version 4.5 TODAY!

2. How convert Quickbasic prog to Mac version?

3. MAC-IE 4.5

4. QuickBasic 4.5 app need to convert to VB.net

5. Arrays with a TYPE in quickbasic 4.5

6. Including a parameter with the RUN statement in QuickBasic 4.5

7. QuickBASIC 4.5 under Windows XP

8. Running QuickBASIC 4.5 on Windows XP

9. Freeing up memory in QuickBasic 4.5

10. QuickBasic 4.5 Available

11. QuickBASIC 4.5 Compiler QB4.5 that is.

12. QuickBASIC 4.5 and File Transfer SubProgram