VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?
Author Message
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Well done!

Best wishes, Ed
Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where
we can find information upon it. -- Samuel Johnson, 1775
Edmund Jimenez

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Quote:

>>>I am going to become a computer programer and am trying to decide
>>>which programming language is the best for my future carreer. I
>>>looked at C++, Unix, Java and other languages but they were too

>>Unix is not a programmning language, you {*filter*}ing dolt!

>>Future Social Assitance Recipient.

>>Superb troll though.

>Not really.  Too obvious.

Not obvious enough to keep replies out of nyc.food.

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Please take this off nyc.food.  We don't like spam.

> >         If C++ is so confusing, maybe it's not cut out to be a programming
> > language?  :-)

> I am glad you are not on the ANSI committee.

> --

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Please take this off nyc.food.  We don't like spam.

-----------------------
On 4 Aug 1996, Mark

Quote:

> >> Funny so am I....But I don't go around making moronic posts about it

> >IF I SEE ONE MORE ANTI-VB POST, I WILL GO OUT AND HANG MYSELF!! I
> SWEAR I
> >WILL!
> >What the HELL is wrong with you, bastardizing a language like that?
> You
> >want to be GOD? Go create some AI in your high-and-mighty "real
> programming
> >language". Don't berate a guy because of his choice of language. Who
> the
> >HELL do you think you are? Don't forget that you were once a NEWBIE
> (can
> >you spell "NEWBIE" ???")

> >Check yourself?

> I know. Many people forget that they too, started as NEWBIES. They give
> the impression that they were born with their skills.

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Please take this thread off nyc.food.  We don't like spam.
---------------------------------------

Quote:

> }writes:
> }>
> }>

> }>>
> }>> >I am going to become a computer programer
> }>> Funny so am I....But I don't go around making moronic posts about it
> }>
> }>IF I SEE ONE MORE ANTI-VB POST, I WILL GO OUT AND HANG MYSELF!! I
> }SWEAR I
> }>WILL!
> }>What the HELL is wrong with you, bastardizing a language like that?
> }You
> }>want to be GOD? Go create some AI in your high-and-mighty "real
> }programming
> }>language". Don't berate a guy because of his choice of language. Who
> }the
> }>HELL do you think you are? Don't forget that you were once a NEWBIE
> }(can
> }>you spell "NEWBIE" ???")
> }>
> }>Check yourself?
> }>

> }I know. Many people forget that they too, started as NEWBIES. They give
> }the impression that they were born with their skills.

> However, intelligent newbies listen to those around them with more
> experience, rather than spouting off inflammatory opinions on issues
> they know little about.
> --
> Trip Martin   | Harry Browne, libertarian for president

Thu, 21 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Lets try to keep nyc.food, comp.lang.java, and comp.unix.questions out
of this!

This thread is idiotic anyways.

Anyone who does not realise that C++ and VB serve different  purposes
is  either unfamiliar with one or both (and therefore not in a
position to comment on their relative merits), or not much of a
programmer.
I program mostly in C++, but I use VB where appropriate and Java where
I can. IMHO, Java will replace C++, but it will still need a GUI
builder (VB or something else) to become commercially viable.

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

~~>to drive to the store in a monster truck, but when you're in a traffic
~~>jam it's an awful lot of fun leaving everyone else well behind.

        Umm... if you're in a traffic jam, regardless of what you're
driving, you don't really leave a lot of people behind

~~>C/C++ is _the_ language, and the language all others are compared to.
~~>It'll be around forever. Get used to it and learn it. More so than java,
~~>which is c++ with all the good parts cut out.

        Yeh, uh uh.  'C++ RULES, MAN ( said with the tones of a 14-year-old )
The said that about ADA once  :-)

~~>If you can't stomach/understand java and its ilk (which is so simple my
~~>10 yr old sister could use it in a pinch) you need to choose a different
~~>"future".

        I hit an ilk with my car once.... and even that ilk wasn't silly
enough to make a statement lke 'If you don't like my favorite language,
then I say you're not allowed to play with the computer, nah nah ^nah,
nah ! You can't be a programmer !'  Glad to hear, though, that your ten year
old sister IS qualified, based on her agreement with your ageless wisdom :-)

Paul

No Disclaimer needed - This is my own PPP account, and my
employer doesn't care what I think anyway !  :-)

The SEHVAC FAQ is at: http://www.elitesoft.com/sci.hvac/
My humble personal pages are at: http://www.webbuild.com/~pjm/

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VISUAL BASIC -- MOST DESPISED PROGRAMING ENVIRROMMENT?

Quote:
> Please take this off nyc.food.  We don't like spam.

Kenia...this started with some idiot doing an obvious troll to stir up a lot of
discussion affecting a lot of groups.  Some really silly people bought into it
and started replying...unfortunately he sent it to a lot of groups.   If you
reply to it again with a post, put a line like:

at the top with the other headers and everyone that posts a followup to your
post will find their post going to alt.flame instead of back to all the same
groups:)  If you don't like alt.flame, use any other group you want:)

The real solution is for people to recognize obvious trolls and ignore them.
The usual signs are

1) An unrealistic position guaranteed to generate a lot of controversial