Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..
Author Message
 Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..

Hi!
I have/use Visual Basic 5.0, and i just installed it, and started making a
program, but then i needed to use the TABCTL32.OCX ActiveX file, and it
loaded fine into the toolbox, but when i tried to place it on the form, i
got a message like this:

License information for this component was not found. You do not have an
appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.

...but i don't know why, well it's not hard to figure out what's really
wrong, but how can i either bypass it, or get that license?? (it have worked
before in the same version of Visual Basic 5.0 Enterprise)...

I've tried REGSVR32 /u TABCTL32.OCX then REGSVR32 TABCTL32.OCX, but with no
luck.
Any help will be appreciated!

- Thomas Daugaard
    ICQ # 4033867

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..

|> got a message like this:
|>
|> License information for this component was not found. You do not have an
|> appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.
|>
|> ...but i don't know why, well it's not hard to figure out what's really
|> wrong [...]

Yes. You need a license and you do not have one.

Maybe you should try reposting this as a homework assignment. <smile>

--
Brian McLaughlin, Technical Writer  |"Thanks to the Internet, misinformation
Integrated Measurement Systems, Inc.| now travels faster than ever before!"

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..

Quote:

>|> got a message like this:
>|>
>|> License information for this component was not found. You do not have an
>|> appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment.
>|>
>|> ...but i don't know why, well it's not hard to figure out what's really
>|> wrong [...]

>Yes. You need a license and you do not have one.

understand it,
cause i've used it before in alot of programs....

Quote:

>Maybe you should try reposting this as a homework assignment. <smile>

*think that'll help ??* *lol*

- Thomas Daugaard

Quote:
>--
>Brian McLaughlin, Technical Writer  |"Thanks to the Internet,
misinformation
>Integrated Measurement Systems, Inc.| now travels faster than ever before!"
>Beaverton, OR, USA                  | ---- Standard disclaimer applies ----

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..
If you unistalled VB4 then you removed you licensing Info.  On the VB5 CD
there is a directory that contains a copy of the TABCTL32.OCX file.  In this
directory there is a readme file that will tell you how to register/license
the control on your system. I can not remember the directory name, but it
does exist.

Good Luck

Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tabctl32.ocx dependency file (Tabctl32.deb)

2. TABCTL32.OCX Failed to load under Win NT 4 Workstation

3. Tabctl32.ocx not loading

4. TABCTL32.OCX Failed to load under Win NT 4 Workstation

5. Unexpected error ssTab Tabctl32.ocx

7. Unexpected error ssTab Tabctl32.ocx

8. TABCTL32.OCX - Error 50,003

9. Visual Basic Error Since Loading Acrobat

10. Problems with COMDLG32.OCX and TABCTL32.OCX

11. Visual Basic 4.0 Loading Error

12. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX