Palette in QB45 Screen Mode 12 & 13
Author Message
 Palette in QB45 Screen Mode 12 & 13

   I am having trouble figuring out how to make the palette statement work
in screen modes 12 & 13.

For instance:
I draw a circle on the screen and fill it in with attribute #2. (green)
Now when I say  PALETTE 2, variable&  shouldn't it change all the pixels on
the screen colored #2 to color variable&?  All I get are shades of red.
--
Clocker

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Palette in QB45 Screen Mode 12 & 13

     I am having trouble figuring out how to make the palette
  statement work
  in screen modes 12 & 13.

  For instance:
  I draw a circle on the screen and fill it in with attribute #2.
  (green)
  Now when I say  PALETTE 2, variable&  shouldn't it change all the
  pixels on
  the screen colored #2 to color variable&?  All I get are shades of
  red.
  --
  Clocker

There is a little formula that is needed for VGA modes... here it is:
variable&=65536*blue+256*green+red

Where blue, green, and red are numbers 0-63.

Hope that helps

Randy Hale

Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Address for Screen 11,12,13?

2. Should I use pallete in screen 13 or can I use 12

3. 256 Color in mode 12(QB45)???

4. QBasic: putting total screen on disk when SCREEN-mode=13

5. palette in screen 12

6. faster PSET for SCREEN 12 / memory layout of SCREEN 12

7. Screen 12 with Palette Using

8. Background Colour in QBasic screen mode 12

9. Palette for screen 13

10. Windows CE .NET Online Chat - July 26th 12:00-13:00 PST (20:00 BST, 19:00 GMT)

11. In Screen mode 13

12. save/load SCREEN 12 screens in QBasic?