Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?
Author Message
 Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

I would like to compile QBasic (DOS 6.22 version) programs into .exe's or
.com's. However I have not been able to find any information on how this can
be done; or even if it is possible.
If at all possible I'd rather not have to use another Basic programming
product unless it had a QBasic convertor. I have tried ASIC v5 but didn't
have any luck converting, however I could have been doing something wrong.
If anyone could advise me I would be very grateful.
Thanks.

Greg

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

Get QuickBasic and it will compile your QBasic code. No conversion is
needed as it is everything QBasic is and more. There have alot of post
claiming that QB4.5 goes for about $100.

Eric Hoffman

CRI Financial Systems, Inc.

> I would like to compile QBasic (DOS 6.22 version) programs into .exe's or
> .com's. However I have not been able to find any information on how this
can
> be done; or even if it is possible.
> If at all possible I'd rather not have to use another Basic programming
> product unless it had a QBasic convertor. I have tried ASIC v5 but didn't
> have any luck converting, however I could have been doing something
wrong.
> If anyone could advise me I would be very grateful.
> Thanks.

> Greg

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

Quote:
>I would like to compile QBasic (DOS 6.22 version) programs into .exe's
>or
>.com's. However I have not been able to find any information on how this
>can
>be done; or even if it is possible.

QB45 for e. has a compiler. As far as I know QB is not produced / sold
anymore though.

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

Quote:

> I would like to compile QBasic (DOS 6.22 version) programs into .exe's or
> .com's. However I have not been able to find any information on how this can
> be done; or even if it is possible.
> If at all possible I'd rather not have to use another Basic programming
> product unless it had a QBasic convertor. I have tried ASIC v5 but didn't
> have any luck converting, however I could have been doing something wrong.
> If anyone could advise me I would be very grateful.
> Thanks.

> Greg

ASIC :259 bytes
QBASIC: 29 bytes
DECLARE SUB standbas ()

standbas
END

SUB standbas
'-----------------------------------
'Writing a simple com program
'CS=DS=ES
'IP=100 for comprograms
'CS:100
'mov dx,10B        'adress of string
'mov ah,9          'write $ delimited string at DS[DX]
'int 21            'call dos
'mov ah,4c         'function exit to shell
'int 21            'call dos
'CS:10B: STRING2WRITE
'-----------------------------------
'CS:100
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HBA) + CHR$(&HB) + CHR$(&H1)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HB4) + CHR$(&H9)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HCD) + CHR$(&H21)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HB4) + CHR$(&H4C)
asm$ = asm$ + CHR$(&HCD) + CHR$(&H21)
'CS:10B
asm$ = asm$ + "Hello,world$"

OPEN "standbas.com" FOR BINARY AS #1
PUT #1, , asm$
CLOSE

SHELL "standbas.com"

END SUB

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

Quote:

>>I would like to compile QBasic (DOS 6.22 version) programs into .exe's
>>or
>>.com's. However I have not been able to find any information on how this
>>can
>>be done; or even if it is possible.

>QB45 for e. has a compiler. As far as I know QB is not produced / sold
>anymore though.

It's not supported anymore, but it's still sold.  A couple of places you can
get it:
        http://www.softonline.com/
        http://iaswww.com/source.html

-Jesse

====================================
Very funny Scotty!
Now beam down my clothes!
====================================

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Please! -How can I compile Qbasic programs?

Hey! I'll compile a program for anyone... just can't be VERY LARGE! ;)
I use QB45

Quote:

> I would like to compile QBasic (DOS 6.22 version) programs into .exe's or
> .com's. However I have not been able to find any information on how this can
> be done; or even if it is possible.
> If at all possible I'd rather not have to use another Basic programming
> product unless it had a QBasic convertor. I have tried ASIC v5 but didn't
> have any luck converting, however I could have been doing something wrong.
> If anyone could advise me I would be very grateful.
> Thanks.

> Greg

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. Will visual basic compile qbasic programs?

3. Compiling QBasic program

4. 'Canned' data in VB program

5. Need help compiling gwbasic/qbasic code

6. Help, need a qbasic prog compiled!

7. Need help on compiling qbasic

8. Need help calling compiled QBASIC..

9. Help please! How to compile Qbasic programs???

10. Please help! How can I compile QBasic programs?

11. getting a qbasic program to run the command to start another non qbasic

12. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE