How to dial out of an application
Author Message
 How to dial out of an application

My database organises addresses of friends including their telephone
numbers.
I am wondering wether it might be possible to dial a telephone number
directly
by simply clicking on a button, using a modem. After the line is
established it
should also be possible to overtake the line and talk via the telephone
handset.
Does anybody know how to get this done?
Thanks for help in advance! (I'am using VB5)
Werner Wartusch

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to dial out of an application

Quote:
>My database organises addresses of friends including their telephone
>numbers.
>I am wondering wether it might be possible to dial a telephone number
>directly
>by simply clicking on a button, using a modem. After the line is
>established it
>should also be possible to overtake the line and talk via the telephone
>handset.
>Does anybody know how to get this done?
>Thanks for help in advance! (I'am using VB5)
>Werner Wartusch

Very easy.  When somebody clicks on the number, do the following:

open "comn" for output as #1
print #1,text1.number
msgbox "Hit return when phone answers"
? #1, ath
rem wait for "OK"
close
--
Regards, Peter Hesketh  Monmouthshire UK
Twenty reasons why chocolate is better than sex: number 5

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 How to dial out of an application

You'd better make it...

CommX.Portopen = True    'open the comm control
CommX.Output = "ATDT" & text1.text & chr(13)    'dial the number using tones
...pick up phone and wait for answer
CommX.Output = "+++"    'switch to command mode
...delay 1 second
CommX.Output = "ATH" & chr(13)    'hang up the modem
CommX.PortOpen = False    'close the comm control

Quote:

>>My database organises addresses of friends including their telephone
>>numbers.
>>I am wondering wether it might be possible to dial a telephone number
>>directly
>>by simply clicking on a button, using a modem. After the line is
>>established it
>>should also be possible to overtake the line and talk via the telephone
>>handset.
>>Does anybody know how to get this done?
>>Thanks for help in advance! (I'am using VB5)
>>Werner Wartusch

>Very easy.  When somebody clicks on the number, do the following:

>open "comn" for output as #1
>print #1,text1.number
>msgbox "Hit return when phone answers"
>? #1, ath
>rem wait for "OK"
>close
>--
>Regards, Peter Hesketh  Monmouthshire UK
>Twenty reasons why chocolate is better than sex: number 5
>"If you bite the nuts too hard the chocolate won't mind."

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. university EMR send outs

2. on the outs

3. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

4. How to handle print outs in VB?

5. Filesystem Time outs

6. Session Variable Time-outs

7. Time-outs

8. Need help with time outs

9. how to invoke default dial up screen from another vb application

10. dial up application

11. dial up application

12. VB4 Applications using Dial-up Adapters...