find a particular file
Author Message
 find a particular file

Hi,
I want find out whether a particular file is there on the hard disk
through my VB app.  For example, when the user run my
app, my app. should first search for aol.exe file, and then write it
to a text file.  Is there any API call or any other source, from where
I can get help in this regard.  Any help would be appreciated

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 find a particular file

You could use the dir command:
x=dir(filename$)
x would return the complete path of the file... or,

then use
t=shell("batch.bat")
open "file.dir" for input as #1
 input #1, filename$
close #1

Hope this helps,
Charles Clancy

Quote:

> Hi,
> I want find out whether a particular file is there on the hard disk
> through my VB app.  For example, when the user run my
> app, my app. should first search for aol.exe file, and then write it
> to a text file.  Is there any API call or any other source, from where
> I can get help in this regard.  Any help would be appreciated

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 find a particular file

Quote:

>Hi,
>I want find out whether a particular file is there on the hard disk
>through my VB app.  For example, when the user run my
>app, my app. should first search for aol.exe file, and then write it
>to a text file.  Is there any API call or any other source, from where
>I can get help in this regard.  Any help would be appreciated

I thought there was an example that came with VB that would do
exactly what you're asking...check under

   /VB/SAMPLES/FILECTLS/SEEK.FRM

JE McTaggart

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Finding a particular file on the hard disk

2. Finding a Particular file on Hard Disk

3. How To find out if a file exists at a particular location? in a particular folder?

4. how to find given text in a particular column in listview

5. datagrid: How to find a particular row number ?

6. finding out a particular letter in a string

7. How to find a particular character in a string

8. Opening image file to a particular page

9. Opening image file to particular page

10. Opening a VSD file with a particular page reference

11. Deleting Particular Files In A Directory

12. Help: getting the associated icon form a particular file type