printer driver for qbasic generated graphics
Author Message
 printer driver for qbasic generated graphics

    I've written a program in Qbasic which generates graphics images.  I
need a way to do a "print-screen" (ie - "screen-dump" ).   The printer
drivers in DOS 6.22 are outdated and produce only crude output.    Does
anyone know how to obtain printer drivers for specific printers?  Could
such drivers be added to the graphics profile in DOS?  Can anyone provide
me with information on how to write my own driver for inclusion in my
Qbasic application?
    I have already contacted Canon, and they do not provide software.  I'm
thinking that I will not have any better luck with Epson or HP in the
event that I switch to one of their printers.

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 printer driver for qbasic generated graphics

Quote:
>    I've written a program in Qbasic which generates graphics images.  I
>need a way to do a "print-screen" (ie - "screen-dump" ).   The printer
>drivers in DOS 6.22 are outdated and produce only crude output.    Does
>anyone know how to obtain printer drivers for specific printers?  Could
>such drivers be added to the graphics profile in DOS?  Can anyone provide
>me with information on how to write my own driver for inclusion in my
>Qbasic application?
>    I have already contacted Canon, and they do not provide software.  I'm
>thinking that I will not have any better luck with Epson or HP in the
>event that I switch to one of their printers.

Most major printer manufacturers have a web sites or bbs or online
service forum where you can download printer drivers for most major
software packages and MS Windows. I doubt that you can obtain any
source code however. HP has fairly in depth graphics command
references for their LaserJets. The easiest way to print your graphics
would be to use a tsr screen capture program that allows you to save
your captured screen to a common graphics format such as gif, bmp or
pcx. These image files can then be printed using one of many available
shareware graphics utilities or Windows PaintBrush.

Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting a QBasic generated fractal on a printer?!

2. Graphic Printer Driver with QuickBasic and Dos

3. Sending graphics to printer driver

4. qbasic driver - VB5.0 driver?

5. Help, How to send printer command to printer bypassing printer driver in vb

6. Printers & printer drivers

7. Printer object / Fax Printer Driver

8. Printer object / Fax Printer Driver

9. Changing the printer capture and setting printer driver

10. How to change the printer driver for a defined printer in VB code

11. Sending Printer Commands to Printer using QBASIC

12. Printers graphics in laser printers.