pcx loader needed
Author Message
 pcx loader needed

Can anyone post a pcx loader that actually works?
Now I'm not complaining or anything, but 100% of the ones I downloaded
so far do not work on my QB 4.0 for some reason or other. It would be
great if anyone could help me with this.

                -dsm

Sun, 06 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 pcx loader needed

Quote:

> Can anyone post a pcx loader that actually works?
> Now I'm not complaining or anything, but 100% of the ones I downloaded
> so far do not work on my QB 4.0 for some reason or other. It would be
> great if anyone could help me with this.

>                 -dsm

        I won't post one because it's too large (and too wide), but I will
send you one -- if anyone else wants it, just ask and I will send one to
anyone. It is a Mode X 320x240x256 PCX loader (built for compatibility with
Windows Paintbrush files -- by yours truely).  It can load any file as long
as the x axis does not exceed 320 and the y axis does not exceed 240 (it
cannot load 24 bit files either -- if any exist).  Those files MUST NOT
have multiple planes -- and it works best with 256 color pictures.  It
reports header information, and any aspect ratio mismatches.  An aspect ratio
mismatch is flagged when the drawing device's resolution is not equal to or
equally proportionate to the 320x240 Mode X screen.  This is not necessarily
bad, but it is a warning that the image output will be distorted.

--
______________________________

Steven Sensarn

______________________________

Mon, 07 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 pcx loader needed

Quote:

> > Can anyone post a pcx loader that actually works?
> > Now I'm not complaining or anything, but 100% of the ones I downloaded
> > so far do not work on my QB 4.0 for some reason or other. It would be
> > great if anyone could help me with this.

> >                 -dsm

>         I won't post one because it's too large (and too wide), but I will
> send you one -- if anyone else wants it, just ask and I will send one to
> anyone. It is a Mode X 320x240x256 PCX loader (built for compatibility with
> Windows Paintbrush files -- by yours truely).  It can load any file as long
> as the x axis does not exceed 320 and the y axis does not exceed 240 (it
> cannot load 24 bit files either -- if any exist).  Those files MUST NOT
> have multiple planes -- and it works best with 256 color pictures.  It
> reports header information, and any aspect ratio mismatches.  An aspect ratio
> mismatch is flagged when the drawing device's resolution is not equal to or
> equally proportionate to the 320x240 Mode X screen.  This is not necessarily
> bad, but it is a warning that the image output will be distorted.

> --
> ______________________________

> Steven Sensarn

> ______________________________

Please send me the code.
                -dsm

Mon, 07 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 pcx loader needed

Quote:

> > > Can anyone post a pcx loader that actually works?
> > > Now I'm not complaining or anything, but 100% of the ones I downloaded
> > > so far do not work on my QB 4.0 for some reason or other. It would be
> > > great if anyone could help me with this.

> > >                 -dsm

> >         I won't post one because it's too large (and too wide), but I will
> > send you one -- if anyone else wants it, just ask and I will send one to
> > anyone. It is a Mode X 320x240x256 PCX loader (built for compatibility with
> > Windows Paintbrush files -- by yours truely).  It can load any file as long
> > as the x axis does not exceed 320 and the y axis does not exceed 240 (it
> > cannot load 24 bit files either -- if any exist).  Those files MUST NOT
> > have multiple planes -- and it works best with 256 color pictures.  It
> > reports header information, and any aspect ratio mismatches.  An aspect ratio
> > mismatch is flagged when the drawing device's resolution is not equal to or
> > equally proportionate to the 320x240 Mode X screen.  This is not necessarily
> > bad, but it is a warning that the image output will be distorted.

> > --
> > ______________________________

> > Steven Sensarn

> > ______________________________

> Please send me the code.
>                 -dsm

I did :]!

--
______________________________

Steven Sensarn

______________________________

Mon, 07 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 pcx loader needed
It can decode BMP, and PCX? Prety cool.

And there are 24bit pictures. They are just huge. You have heard of a
computer doing 16.7 (or 16.8) million colors? (16,777,216) That's 24 bit.
(32bit is the same 16.7mil) A.K.A. True-Color

Send it to me if you would. (UUEncoded)

Tue, 08 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 pcx loader needed
Please Give Me It Too
Thanks.
 Victor N. Ganichev | w. +7 (0510) 500178

Sat, 12 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Really want PCX loader!

2. Quick pcx loader

3. need FAST image loader for QBasic

4. I need a loader TIFF image for Visual Basic

5. I NEED A FAST FORM LOADER

6. need help converting a PCX file for use in QBasic

7. Need help about PCX files!

8. Need your recommendation of PCX-file display ActiveX control

9. need OCX to view PCX pics

10. Need free control : TIFF or BMP -> PCX

11. pcxloader, gifloader, and bmp loader libraries for qb45

12. Gif loader