Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic
Author Message
 Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic

16:21:26 -0600):

Quote:
>I would like to create an application in Visual Basic that would use
>Window95's Dialup Networking to dial to my ISP.  Does anyone know how I
>can accomplish this?

Dim iresult As Long
 iresult = Shell("rundll32.exe rnaui.dll,RnaDial " & "Name
of Connection", 1)
 AppActivate iresult ' Only for VB4, 5, for <= VB3 see docs
 SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Quote:
>Please mail your reply to

You asked here, you got answered here. This is a forum, I'm
not mailing. (BTW, these are even several forums ;-) ).

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://www.*-*-*.com/
NG-tips: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic

1997 04:25:28 -0700):

Quote:
> As Mr. Schiffer indicated

We're used to first names here, but never mind.

Quote:
>, if you have either VB4 or VB5  your goal is
>attainable. If you have anything else it is upgrade time.

False. I'm doing exactly the same thing fine with VB3. The
only problem/difference is that VB3 needs you to use a
window's caption for the "AppActivate"-command.

There are several ways out of this, one of which (and surely
the best) is to take the handle returned from the
shell-command and use it to read that window's caption and
using that for your "AppActivate".

Mathias Schiffer, Germany
VB-FAQ: http://home.sol.no/jansh/vb/default.htm
NG-tips: http://www.rat.de/metty/vbnews

Tue, 16 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic

Quote:

> 16:21:26 -0600):

> >I would like to create an application in Visual Basic that would use
> >Window95's Dialup Networking to dial to my ISP.  Does anyone know how I
> >can accomplish this?

> Dim iresult As Long
>  iresult = Shell("rundll32.exe rnaui.dll,RnaDial " & "Name
> of Connection", 1)
>  AppActivate iresult ' Only for VB4, 5, for <= VB3 see docs
>  SendKeys "{ENTER}"

> >Please mail your reply to

> You asked here, you got answered here. This is a forum, I'm
> not mailing. (BTW, these are even several forums ;-) ).

> Mathias Schiffer, Germany
> VB-FAQ: http://home.sol.no/jansh/vb/default.htm
> NG-tips: http://www.rat.de/metty/vbnews

I don't know if this is an intrest or not but here it is.  Net
Programming using VB5 is explained/taught in a book called....
"Internet Programming with Visual Basic 5" by M&T Books  $45 cover price
ISBN=1-55851-558-5
A VB4  book has been released but I did not pay attention to it. As
Mr. Schiffer indicated , if you have either VB4 or VB5  your goal is
attainable. If you have anything else it is upgrade time.

Wed, 17 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dialup Networking using Visual Basic

2. How to call modem (dialup networking) in Visual Basic?

3. how to create Dial up Network through visual basic

4. I need Help with win95/98 Dial-Up Networking and Visual Basic

5. Dialup Networking (RAS) and Visual Basic

6. Dial-Up Networking In Visual Basic

7. invoke Dialup Networking Connection with Visual Basic

8. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

9. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

10. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

11. Dial-up Networking and Visual Basic

12. Controlling Dial-Up Networking Under Windows 95 with Visual Basic