MoonRock source code
Author Message
 MoonRock source code

 * Crossposted to JELLYBEAN
                  MOONROCK
                  QUIK_BAS
                  COMP.LANG.BASIC.MISC

Hi everyone. The MoonRock compiler *source code* is now available. I have
decided to donate it to the public domain in the hope that it can be used
for something. (Please note: commercial use of this source is specifically
prohibited).

The source closely resembles the working copy on my hard drive: there are
only some minor modifications of the information text to emphasise that
it's a "custom" version and not supported by the author.

If you are working on a compiler, then this source may be of value to you,
to give you a few ideas. If you want to write some extra ASM library
routines for MoonRock, then this source can be of use. However, due to my
horrendous coding style, it is *not* a good introduction on how to write a
compiler. :) Nor is it a particularly good one as far as compilers go.

An early beta executable of the new compiler (a rewrite from scratch) is
also included, to demonstrate some of its power.

Zone Mail Hour).

It *should* be available from ftp.juge.com, in either /incoming or /ibmmisc

Regards...MoonRock author.

--

Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MoonRock source code

Quote:
> Hi everyone. The MoonRock compiler *source code* is now available. I have
> decided to donate it to the public domain in the hope that it can be used
> for something. (Please note: commercial use of this source is specifically
> prohibited).
> If you are working on a compiler, then this source may be of value to you,
> to give you a few ideas. If you want to write some extra ASM library

Get ready for about 100 compilers to come out in a few weeks that are the
same as yours but with some syntax changed.. :) I'm sure some people will
do it.

Cheers :)
--
Peter Cooper

Fri, 25 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MoonRock source code

Quote:
> If you are working on a compiler, then this source may be of value to you,
> to give you a few ideas. If you want to write some extra ASM library
> routines for MoonRock, then this source can be of use. However, due to my
> horrendous coding style, it is *not* a good introduction on how to write a
> compiler. :) Nor is it a particularly good one as far as compilers go.

I had a look but it would not be any use to me. The way have done your
compiler is a completely different way I'm doing mine. :)

Mine is coming slowly but surely (more slowly than surely) and I am up to
the point it can read in an expression and send out the machine code to
do that to a COM.. All I need to do now, is errr. everything. Add in commands
(simpler than would be thought) and then data types (oh dear :( ).
Writing in machine code is not simple. :) But its the fastest, most compact
way.

I really hope you release a new moonrock. The big com file that came with
the source made EMM386 go a bit mad. A new moonrock would be a really good
compiler. :) The old one was good, so the next should be really good. :)

Quote:
> It *should* be available from ftp.juge.com, in either /incoming or /ibmmisc

I found it as

ftp.juge.com    /ibmmisc/MRSRC017.ZIP

Cheers :)
--
Peter Cooper

Sat, 26 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MoonRock source code
 * Crossposted to JELLYBEAN
                  MOONROCK
                  QUIK_BAS
                  COMP.LANG.BASIC.MISC

 rc>> (excepting Zone Mail Hour).

 rc>> It *should* be available from ftp.juge.com, in either /incoming
 rc>> or /ibmmisc

 CB> One thing - what filename?

Yikes!

My apologies for this omission . . .

mrsrc017.zip

ftp.juge.com/ibmmisc/mrsrc017.zip

Cheers.

--

Mon, 28 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 MoonRock source code

Quote:

> > Hi everyone. The MoonRock compiler *source code* is now available. I have
> > decided to donate it to the public domain in the hope that it can be used
> > for something. (Please note: commercial use of this source is specifically
> > prohibited).

Bad news. If you released it to the public domain, you have given up
*all* rights to the code. Including the right to restrict how it is used!

If you want to make something available, but forbid commercial use
(silly), then you *must* retain the copyright and put in a usage
restriction along with your copyright notice.

Anybody who ever writes code for money, even if it's just an occasional
thing is going to sterr clear of code with a "no commercial use"
restriction, simply because having to keep track of which libraries are
ok and which aren't is too much of a hassle.

Heck, I ask for *donations* for a few utilities I've written, and I
wouldn't touch "no commercial use" code. I don't want to get used to
using something then not be able to use it for *some* things.

On the other hand, most *commercial* libraries and compilers don't have
a problem with you writing free software (unless it competes with them)
as long as you put a copyright notice in your software to protect
*their* code.

Leonard Erickson (aka Shadow)

Tue, 29 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MOONROCK SOURCE CODE

2. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

3. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

4. Visual Basic source-code to C++ source-code

5. MoonRock code for QuickBasic

6. A great source-code-source

7. Does you know where there are more source codes for Moonrock?

8. Does you know where there are more source codes for Moonrock?

9. Code 128c Barcode generator source code

10. Extracting Source Code from a Code Module

11. Source code - Postal Code

12. FREE VB Classes with source code and demo code