QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE
Author Message
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

hello,

i've just got a copy of QB 4.5. it works fine, but i haven't got any
manuals. i haven't been able to find the command-line options for the
actual compiler itself, for example, to set stack size etc...
for BC.EXE... the help files reveal nothing...

could anyone help me, please??? i'll be much obliged.

thanx in advance...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

wonder man with a wonder machine...

Sun, 16 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

Quote:
>hello,

>i've just got a copy of QB 4.5. it works fine, but i haven't got any
>manuals. i haven't been able to find the command-line options for the
>actual compiler itself, for example, to set stack size etc...
>for BC.EXE... the help files reveal nothing...

Chapter five of Ethan Winner's excellent text:

        WINER.ZIP:
        http://www.ethanwiner.com/#book

contains detailed information on using BC.EXE, LINK.EXE and LIB.EXE.
--
J.W.Dare

Mon, 17 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

Quote:

> hello,

> i've just got a copy of QB 4.5. it works fine, but i haven't got any
> manuals. i haven't been able to find the command-line options for the
> actual compiler itself, for example, to set stack size etc...
> for BC.EXE... the help files reveal nothing...

> could anyone help me, please??? i'll be much obliged.

> thanx in advance...

> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

> wonder man with a wonder machine...

Hi...
Surely it is just an oversight on the part of the person who sold you
QB4.5.
You should go back to him and ask him for the manuals. Everybody who
pays good money for a service or a program has all the legal right to
demand etc etc.....

George

Tue, 18 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

Quote:

>> hello,

>> i've just got a copy of QB 4.5. it works fine, but i haven't got any
>> manuals. i haven't been able to find the command-line options for the
>> actual compiler itself, for example, to set stack size etc...
>> for BC.EXE... the help files reveal nothing...

>> could anyone help me, please??? i'll be much obliged.

>> thanx in advance...

>> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

>> wonder man with a wonder machine...

>Hi...
>Surely it is just an oversight on the part of the person who sold you
>QB4.5.
>You should go back to him and ask him for the manuals. Everybody who
>pays good money for a service or a program has all the legal right to
>demand etc etc.....

>George

who said i paid for it????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

wonder man with a wonder machine...

Shaw's Golden Rule           |  Murphy's Golden Rule

There are no golden rules.   |  The one that has the gold makes
                             |   the rules.

Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

Quote:

>> hello,

>> i've just got a copy of QB 4.5. it works fine, but i haven't got any
>> manuals. i haven't been able to find the command-line options for the
>> actual compiler itself, for example, to set stack size etc...
>> for BC.EXE... the help files reveal nothing...

>> could anyone help me, please??? i'll be much obliged.

>> thanx in advance...

>> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

>> wonder man with a wonder machine...

   Why don't you just go to a bookstore and steal a book to go
with your stolen copy of QB? They have some rather informative
books that are still small enough to fit under your shirt.

   Russ (I paid for my copy)

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

Quote:

>   Why don't you just go to a bookstore and steal a book to go along
>with your stolen copy of QB? They have some rather informative books
>that are still small enough to fit under your shirt.

>   Russ (I paid for my copy)

i didn't steal it, ok? someone was kind (and generous!) enough to send
me what i think was a copy he didn't need to use anymore! we all know
what manuals are like! i can't locate half of mine, coz i know more or
less the junk they're filled with!!!!

fyi, i'm not about to spend more than i've spent for a compiler to find
out what the FOR and PRINT statements do... name me one qb book that has
something new and exciting and different in it!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

wonder man with a wonder machine...

Shaw's Golden Rule           |  Murphy's Golden Rule

There are no golden rules.   |  The one that has the gold makes
                             |   the rules.

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QB 4.5 for DOS, Command Line Options for BC.EXE

Quote:

> > hello,

> > i've just got a copy of QB 4.5. it works fine, but i haven't got any
> > manuals. i haven't been able to find the command-line options for the
> > actual compiler itself, for example, to set stack size etc...
> > for BC.EXE... the help files reveal nothing...

> > could anyone help me, please??? i'll be much obliged.

> > thanx in advance...

> > aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................

> > wonder man with a wonder machine...

>    Why don't you just go to a bookstore and steal a book to go along
> with your stolen copy of QB? They have some rather informative books
> that are still small enough to fit under your shirt.

>    Russ (I paid for my copy)

Why you think he stole it????
I think you stole your copy too.

Sat, 15 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get command-line arguments in QB 4.5 ?

2. QBasic / QB 4.5 / VB for DOS

3. QB 4.5 Printer Commands

4. QB 4.5 SHELL command in large programme help needed

5. SHARE.EXE and QB 4.5

6. How to pass command-line options to VB-created EXE

7. QB 4.0 Docs/QB 4.5 Wanted

8. want QB 4.5 QB 7.1 FOR FREE!!!

9. Where's QB.LIB in QB 4.5?

10. DOS command line EXE: foreground vs background

11. Passing a command line parameter to a QBASIC 4.5 program

12. QBASIC 4.5 Command Line switches