Basic Program For Processing Scientific Data
Author Message
 Basic Program For Processing Scientific Data

We need some guidance on which basic program to purchase.

We are processing scientific data and have no need spend time building GUIs.
Our interest is processing statistical analyses, generate sorted tables of
data, etc.

Please make some suggestions on the handiest basic program for this type of
work.

Thanks,

Yours truly,

William D. Allen Sr.

end

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic Program For Processing Scientific Data
I use TurboBasic for engineering solutions in which largish databases are
used to produce numerous forms of unique tables. TurboBasic is no longer
marketed but if what I am told is true then FirstBasic is the equivalent, it
is easy to use, it will make EXE's, and is very cheap. Down load a trial
copy from http://www.mgdouble.freeserve.co.uk . There are better Basic's if
by better you require more complexity, such as VB6.0, but I have yet to find
anything that cannot be done with TB/FB. To be even-handed about this the
only real alternatives that I know would be the windows based programs;
EXCEL and MATHCAD.
I am sure you will get many alternatives to my suggestions, all the best.
Regards
Martin
Keep it simple any fool can make it difficult, and don't we know it!

Quote:
>We need some guidance on which basic program to purchase.

>We are processing scientific data and have no need spend time building
GUIs.
>Our interest is processing statistical analyses, generate sorted tables of
>data, etc.

>Please make some suggestions on the handiest basic program for this type of
>work.

>Thanks,

>Yours truly,

>William D. Allen Sr.

>end

Sun, 20 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Basic Program For Processing Scientific Data

Quote:
> We need some guidance on which basic program to purchase.

> We are processing scientific data and have no need spend time
building GUIs.
> Our interest is processing statistical analyses, generate sorted
tables of
> data, etc.

> Please make some suggestions on the handiest basic program for this
type of
> work.

The cheapest, definitely
If you are on a windows system(mac too, maybe) like 90% of computer
users, you can simply use Excel; it integrates data from other sources
automatically and very well, you can write macros in VBA, and it can
sort dbases by itself...
It can also use the data and make graphes out of it, which is a big
plus, i'd think...

Quote:
> end

Hey! He's already in "basic mo(o)de" 8)

PS. i'm in no way part working for M$, but when something is good, it's
good...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. !HELP - Listing and Killing processes and programs in Visual Basic

2. Scientific programming in QB 4.5

3. Engineering/Scientific Programming in VB

4. Engineering & Scientific VB Programming Question

5. Basic for Scientific Applications?

6. Control Scientific Instruments with Visual Basic

7. Best Database Format for Scientific Data?

8. Data collection from a scientific instrument

9. dbase programming(basic) in relation to Visual Basic programming

10. visual basic program - data transfer to a spreadsheet

11. How to read data from Excel into stand-alone visual basic program

12. (2nd Post) BASIC programming advice needed: PKWARE'S compression utilities front end application - PROGRAMMING PROJECT