Does visual basic use basic language?
Author Message
 Does visual basic use basic language?

I know some Qbasic, im wondering, does Visual Basic use almost the same
language? I know theres more to learn in Visual but if its not too much to
learn ill consider learning it. I could make a few pretty kewl windows
games with it.

--
I am fear,
I am the essence of death,

Fri, 13 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Does visual basic use basic language?

Quote:
>I know some Qbasic, im wondering, does Visual basic use almost the same
>language? I know theres more to learn in Visual but if its not too much to
>learn ill consider learning it. I could make a few pretty kewl windows
>games with it.

>--

Basically the language is the same, so the threshold is pretty low. But VB
itself lacks properties that are needed in games, such as Sound, Play, Poke,
Peek. You'll need add-ons.

Greetings,

| I don't believe in a no-win scenario.  |
|               - Admiral James T. Kirk  |

Sat, 14 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Does visual basic use basic language?

Quote:

> I know some Qbasic, im wondering, does Visual basic use almost the same
> language? I know theres more to learn in Visual but if its not too much to
> learn ill consider learning it. I could make a few pretty kewl windows
> games with it.

The language is the same, but the interface and design approach is quite
different.

Wed, 18 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. FTP a file from an Access module using Visual Basic language

2. This can be done by using the Visual Basic Shell command

3. Using visual basic controls outside a Visual Basic application

4. BETTER BASIC - old Basic Language Compiler

5. ANN: Visual Basic .NET 2003 Language Specification available for download

6. Doing a #ifdef in Visual Basic???

7. Chinese language in Visual Basic 4.0

8. Visual Basic and language interfaces

9. Can video capture be done with visual basic?

10. Is visual basic the best language...?

11. Visual Basic, the language and OO

12. Chinese language in Visual Basic 4.0