QBasic Graphic Problems
Author Message
 QBasic Graphic Problems

I have just gotten into QBasic.  I am working with graphics.  I was told to use
the code:

GET (x1, y1)-(x2, y2), MyPic
PUT (x, y), MyPic

to place a graphic on the screen.  However, I tried this and it will not work.
I tried it in screen 7 and screen 13.  I haven't worked with the other screens,
so is there one that will allow it to work?

I am also trying to find a good shareware/free compiler so if anyone could
reccommend anything I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Denny

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QBasic Graphic Problems

Try FirstBASIC from powerbasic at http://www.powerbasic.com/.  It is "99%"
compatible with QBasic/QuickBasic.
--
To reply to me via e-mail, remove all occurances of the word "dot" from my
reply address.

<snip>

Quote:
> I am also trying to find a good shareware/free compiler so if anyone
could
> reccommend anything I would appreciate it.

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 QBasic Graphic Problems

Quote:
>I have just gotten into QBasic.  I am working with graphics.  I was told to use
>the code:

Before this will work you have to compute the number of bytes required to hold
the information. (this is different for each screen) Then you need to DIM an
array to that number of bytes BEFORE you call GET.

Bytes& = 4 + ( ( Cols% * Rows% ) \ 2 )  ' screen 12
Elements% = ( Bytes% \ 2 )
DIM MyPic%(Elements%)

Quote:

FirstBASIC www.powerbasic.com
  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Incorporating non-QBasic graphics into QB 4.5 programs

2. Qbasic dos graphics to .bmp

3. ? about QBASIC and graphics

4. Accessing VGA graphics via GWBASIC/QBASIC

5. More QBASIC graphics help!

6. PCX graphics with Qbasic

7. graphics in qbasic

8. Good QBASIC sites, and Graphic Decoding

9. What is the best graphic mode for QBASIC?

10. QBASIC graphics help!

11. graphics in QBASIC

12. Converting QBasic graphics into a DXF file