loaders!!
Author Message
 loaders!!

I was just wondering how loaders are made into a single file.. like how
would i go about packing the graphics and sound into a single .exe file?

Mon, 06 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 loaders!!

Quote:

>I was just wondering how loaders are made into a single file.. like how
>would i go about packing the graphics and sound into a single .exe file?

There two ways of doing it.  Either include it into the data seg of
of the program or tack it on to the end of the exe.

The first method is kinda awkward to do in standard basic.  You can
put it into a series of data/reads but that's pretty hard to manage.
Or you can put it in another module compiled in another language
that allows implementation of static includes a little easier.

The second way, tacking it on to the end of the exe, is probably the
simplest way.  In the exe header, it specifies the length of the data
to be loaded, generally the whole base exe.  It really doesn't care
if there is anything after that length.  After the program loads and
starts executing, you can read from that point on to get your .gif,
etc.

I don't know the locations in the header off-hand, but email me and
I'll look 'em up.

Wed, 08 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 loaders!!
: I was just wondering how loaders are made into a single file.. like how
: would i go about packing the graphics and sound into a single .exe file?

Try copying the files onto the end of your EXE (using /B switch) and then
accessing them from your program from here by openning your own EXE file
while it is running and moving the file pointer to the original end of
your program. If neccessaey you could write out the stuff from the end of
the file to temporary files to paly and then delete them. I hope this helps.

--
            Michael Smith, TeraTech Inc - Tools for Programmmers(tm)
   Basic, C++, ASM and Visual Basic/Win programming tools & consulting for PC

 Voice: +1-301-424-3903, 800-447-9120 x500 Fax:301-762-8185 BBS:301-762-8184
  FTP ftp.teratech.com cd/pub/teratech  GOPHER gopher.teratech.com

Sun, 26 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. need FAST image loader for QBasic

2. pcxloader, gifloader, and bmp loader libraries for qb45

3. pcx loader needed

4. Gif loader

5. Really want PCX loader!

6. Gif loader

7. Gif loader

8. is there a gif loader for screen 12 ??

9. Qbasic GIF Loader...

10. Gif loader problem (QB)

11. .JPG loader?

12. Quick pcx loader