Need some basic BASIC help
Author Message
 Need some basic BASIC help

Hello,
I haven't used BASIC since grade school, a long long time ago, but I
fimnd myself needing to use it for a very simple program.  Turns out I
don't remember enough for this to be a simple program, but anyway...
Can someone help me out with OPEN FOR OUTPUT AS command series, I keep
getting all these errors that I don't know how to amend.
The second question is this: The program is supposed to generate a
series of numbers using FOR NEXT, followed by the character h, and then
anopther series of numbers, etc.  Thing is it inserts spaces between the
numbers and the character h.  Is there any way to fix this?  If not I
gues I could do some sort of search and replace on it, but I'd like to
have the program eliminate4 the extra work if possible.
Anyway, if anyone could help me out here with this really simple
problems, it would be most grandly appreciated.
Thanks-
Bill
-----------

-----------

      -= Sent from Applewize OnLine.  Just Telnet in to: applewize.com =-
          Log in with your Web Browser using our WebLines Feature at:
                          http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need some basic BASIC help

Quote:
>Can someone help me out with OPEN FOR OUTPUT AS command series, I keep
>getting all these errors that I don't know how to amend.

Hello Bill. Just do for example sth like

test$="Test"
open "test.txt" for output as #1
 write #1, test$
close #1

Or you can append and so on.

Quote:
>The second question is this: The program is supposed to generate a
>series of numbers using FOR NEXT, followed by the character h, and then
>anopther series of numbers, etc.  Thing is it inserts spaces between the
>numbers and the character h.  Is there any way to fix this?  If not I

Sth like

print rtrim$(ltrim$(str$(number%))) +"h"+...

the ltrim rtrim kills the spaces. Bye, Jester

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. need some basic information on visual basic and visual c++

2. need some basic information on visual basic and visual c++

3. NEED HELP WITH VISUAL BASIC 4.0 32-BIT SOMEONE HELP

4. PLEASE HELP, NEED HELP WITH VERY BASIC VB5

5. Very basic Visual Basic help required

6. Help: Basic interpreter in Basic or C

7. quick basic to visual basic HELP

8. quick basic to visual basic HELP

9. Referring to subforms, Access Basic - help needed

10. Visual Basic Help Needed

11. I need basic help for programming with Excell

12. visual basic.net help needed!!