How to read an absolute memory address
Author Message
 How to read an absolute memory address

Hi Everybody.

I'm working in VisualBasic and I'm trying to read a ROM-BIOS address.
I need to do it because I plan to copy-protect my apps by creating a
file in the PC whose content is the same that a spot of the ROM-BIOS
and hoping that not all BIOS are exactly the same (at least in some
areas)

I know how to do it in Turbo-Pascal and the scheme worked fine:

var a:array[1..30] of byte absolute $FF00:FF32;

This way I can access the BIOS through the array a[i]

Can anyone tell me how to do it in Visual Basic??
I looked for something like PEEK but I guess this does't exists in VB.

I'll appreciate your answers.

Thanks

Rey Arias

Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. access absolute memory address in dll

2. Qbasic Address memory Reading...

3. Reading directly from memory addresses

4. Reading/Writing from/to parallel port memory addresses with Visual Basic

5. How do I Read a Memory Address

6. Reading Memory Addresses ??

7. Reading Memory Address

8. Reading Memory Address

9. Reading and writing to Memory address Locations

10. Reading physical memory address from VB ver3

11. read a memory address with API?

12. Relative vs. absolute table address