Telnet client using QB
Author Message
 Telnet client using QB

Some one have hints or suggestion to make a simple telnet client
using QuickBasic?

Or some library .LIB

Thanks to all

Claudio

--

                     _ _
                    (O O)

  |    Home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  |
  |                                               |
  +-------------------------oOO-------------------+
                   |__|__|
                    || ||
                   ooO Ooo

Wed, 19 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Telnet client using QB

Quote:

>Some one have hints or suggestion to make a simple telnet client
>using QuickBasic?

>Or some library .LIB

I too am looking for a way to do telnet with QB.  The only thing I have come
up with so far is the WATTCP libraries.  These are usually found in source
format only, however I have found a couple of libs already compiled.
Unfortunately, I have yet to get QB to work with them, though I can get my
old Lattice C compiler to use them just fine.  I don't know if this is what
you are after, they are really only low level TCP/IP functions.  However, if
you get the apps with sources that go along with the libraries you can look
at their telnet program to see what needs to be done for telnet.  Even
though the source is in C and ASM it is somewhat documented so that with
just a little knowledge of C and ASM you can see what needs to be done.
A little searching turned up the following locations for already compiled
libraries.  The first is a Microsoft C lib (large model) approx 547k size,
the second is unknown origin approx 90k size.

ftp://sunee.uwaterloo.ca/pub/wattcp/disappearing/mscwattcp.zip
ftp://ftp.leo.org/pub/comp/platforms/pc/networking/tcpip/waterloo/wat...

Please E-mail me and let me know if you make any progress toward your goal.
 I have had to put my telnet project on hold for another few months.

--
Bryan Hipp
D.P. Requisite, Inc.

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Telnet client using QB

Well, I'm at a loss - I cant find Telnet code for QB anywhere...
However, MAYBE there is hope, as I have found some for what might be
the next best thing, Visual Basic. Its incorporated into a mud telnet
client called Vwmud (often referenced as Vmud), and used the
winsock.dll file for slip/ppp access... so its a far cry from Qb.
If you want to download the program (its freeware) go to its
'homepage' at:
http://www.pic.net/people/vwj/vwjpic.html

Of course, obtaining the source code for the program comes at a price
- according to the author, he wants $50 (I assume US dollars :-( ) -
and what we get wouldn't be usable in Qb anyway... but maybe he would
reduce the cost if we uploaded his program to some ftp severs (it says
something about that in the VWmud help file).

YES! - I'm grasping at straws, I need my qbasic telnet code before Dec
25 (1996 hehe), and dont have the knowledge to even attempt to program
it myself.

        ...ooO| Waldo |Ooo...

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Telnet using QB

2. Need Help getting VB app to Telnet using VT52 or better to HP client

3. Problem with my VB.NET telnet client

4. Telnet Client

5. Visual Basic telnet client

6. Telnet Client for VB3?

7. VB Source code for telnet client

8. Telnet client

9. Client/Server App, Password echo during Telnet session...(VB5)

10. Telnet Client

11. Telnet Client

12. telnet client with vb5