matrix inversion
Author Message
 matrix inversion

: Hallo!!

: For all who need a C-programm for matrix inversion.
: The program based at the Gauss-Jordan algorithm.
: The algorithm is able to solve every n x n - matrix.
: Good Luck!

: /* Calculatie the inverse of an n x n - matrix */

NOTE: This implementation of Gauss-Jordan elimination will work,
but to be numerically stable requires pivoting. Instead of choosing
dummy = a[k][k] every time, you must look down the k_th column and find
the largest element in it; then switch the k_th row of a and b with that
row, and proceed as normal. If you don't do this it's easy to cook up a
matrix whose computed inverse is completely wrong.

Also, for production solution of inverses you should use an LU
factorization; essentially every time you compute a dummy you save it
somewhere. For a 10x10 matrix the inverse calculated this way can be
almost 10 times faster.

Also, please post Basic code to a Basic newsgroup.

Also, that's it.
jasonp

Thu, 06 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 matrix inversion

JSP>: Hallo!!
JSP>: For all who need a C-programm for matrix inversion.

    Ok, but where is the program? Only the text below showed up here.

JSP>: The program based at the Gauss-Jordan algorithm.
JSP>: The algorithm is able to solve every n x n - matrix.
JSP>: Good Luck!
JSP>: /* Calculatie the inverse of an n x n - matrix */
JSP>NOTE: This implementation of Gauss-Jordan elimination will work,
JSP>but to be numerically stable requires pivoting. Instead of choosing
JSP>dummy = a[k][k] every time, you must look down the k_th column and find
JSP>the largest element in it; then switch the k_th row of a and b with that
JSP>row, and proceed as normal. If you don't do this it's easy to cook up a
JSP>matrix whose computed inverse is completely wrong.
JSP>Also, for production solution of inverses you should use an LU
JSP>factorization; essentially every time you compute a dummy you save it
JSP>somewhere. For a 10x10 matrix the inverse calculated this way can be
JSP>almost 10 times faster.
JSP>Also, please post Basic code to a Basic newsgroup.

   I thought this was a BASIC newsgroup??? What do you mean???

JSP>Also, that's it.
JSP>jasonp

 * OLX 2.1 TD * Nuke the gay whales for Christ!

Fri, 14 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Matrix inversion

2. matrix inversion in basic

3. Matrix Inversion

4. Complex Matrix Inversion

5. Matrix Inversion

6. Matrix inversion in VB6?

7. Matrix Inversion

8. Looking for robust Matrix Inversion routine

9. Matrix Inversion

10. matrix multiplication & inversion

11. help Image inversion!!!

12. Correlation Matrix