Reserved for future use
Author Message
 Reserved for future use

I was sifting thru QB45 help system, and I came across at least 2 keywords
which where "reserved for future use". I'm curious as to what if anything
ever happened to these ? are they "still" reserved for future use ? It
definetely gave me the impression that QB45 was not planned to be the last
version. Work was in progress ...

--
Costas

Email : If you wish to reply directly, please decode address first

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reserved for future use

Quote:
>I was sifting thru QB45 help system, and I came across at least 2 keywords
>which where "reserved for future use". I'm curious as to what if anything
>ever happened to these ?

Which two keywords?

If it's spam, it's a scam.  Don't do business with Net abusers.

Sat, 21 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reserved for future use

One of the keywords is probably LOCAL right? Well it's not used in any
version of QuickBASIC it is used in PDS BASIC.  I'm not totaly sure about
it but LOCAL had somthing to do with variables in subs and functions I
think.

: I was sifting thru QB45 help system, and I came across at least 2 keywords
: which where "reserved for future use". I'm curious as to what if anything
: ever happened to these ? are they "still" reserved for future use ? It
: definetely gave me the impression that QB45 was not planned to be the last
: version. Work was in progress ...

: --
: Costas

: Email : If you wish to reply directly, please decode address first

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reserved for future use

Quote:
>One of the keywords is probably LOCAL right? Well it's not used in any
>version of QuickBASIC it is used in PDS BASIC.  I'm not totaly sure about
>it but LOCAL had somthing to do with variables in subs and functions I
>think.

The LOCAL keyword is used in SUB level code, in a ON ERROR statement, so
that you can have LOCAL error handlings, instead of the usual module level
handlings.

I don't know why MS included the information: 'Reserved for future use' in
QB 4.5's help,
instead of just integrating the LOCAL keyword it into QB 4.5, when it was
made, but....
it's MS' style isn't it?? *lol*

Quote:

>: I was sifting thru QB45 help system, and I came across at least 2
keywords
>: which where "reserved for future use". I'm curious as to what if anything
>: ever happened to these ? are they "still" reserved for future use ? It
>: definetely gave me the impression that QB45 was not planned to be the
last
>: version. Work was in progress ...

>: --
>: Costas

>: Email : If you wish to reply directly, please decode address first

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reserved for future use

Quote:

>I was sifting thru QB45 help system, and I came across at least 2 keywords
>which where "reserved for future use". I'm curious as to what if anything
>ever happened to these ? are they "still" reserved for future use ? It

'LOCAL Keyword - The LOCAL keyword is reserved for future use.
'SIGNAL Keyword - The SIGNAL keyword is reserved for future use.

PDS has both LOCAL and SIGNAL functions.  Local has to do with using
Local error handlers and Signal has to do with interfacing with OS/2 .
VBDOS has the LOCAL keyword also.

Most likely anything that you find a reference to which QB doesn't
have, PDS and/or VBDOS will.

--Mike A.

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reserved for future use

Quote:
> I don't know why MS included the information: 'Reserved for future use' in
> QB 4.5's help,
> instead of just integrating the LOCAL keyword it into QB 4.5, when it was
> made, but....
> it's MS' style isn't it?? *lol*

MS, style?  I've seen more style by a gate into a field.

Simon.

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Reserved for future use

Checked again. There are only two : SIGNAL and LOCAL

--
Costas

Email : If you wish to reply directly, please decode address first

| >I was sifting thru QB45 help system, and I came across at least 2
keywords
| >which where "reserved for future use". I'm curious as to what if
anything
| >ever happened to these ?
|
| Which two keywords?
|

| If it's spam, it's a scam.  Don't do business with Net abusers.

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using a Reserved Word as a Property in VB.NET

2. using reserved characters in strings

3. Using a reserved word as a property name

4. Problem: Using reserved words as property or function names

5. Libary Database, MDEs & Future Upgrades

6. Future Value Help

7. How to attach one date to nearest date in future

8. Instalment of digitale Certificate with vba for future macros

9. Remove a macro from all present and future documents (shared post)

10. Calculating future date from date function

11. .net framwork preinstalled on future Windows HOME versions?

12. Newbie and the future of VB