Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic
Author Message
 Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic

Another way is to swap the bios address around,
for example switch com1 and 3 address and open com1
in your program and you're actually useing physical port 3.

I don't remember the locations off the top of my head but they are
in the bios area of ram .. approx &H0400.

Give me a shout if you can't find them.

Shane,
Dublin, Ireland.

Quote:

> > Is there any version of plain old vanilla flavoured QBasic that will
> > support the use of the Com3 and Com4 serial ports?  I have a small
> > microprocessor board that I want to communicate with using QBasic
> > programs BUT QBasic does not support Com3 and Com4!

> > Failing that, is there a way to communicate (input and output from my
> > PC) using something else?  Some other QBasic command?

> > Thank you for reading this.

> > Ron Ciren

> > Ontario, Canada

> You could use the INP and OUT commands to access the ports directly.
> You'll have to know which ports they use, of course and it's a lot more
work than
> a simple OPEN but it's possible.

> Tom Lake

Sat, 23 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Supporting Com3 and Com4 in QBasic

2. PDS (Qbasic 7.1) and com3: & com4:

3. Ports COM3,COM4 in Qbasic.

4. COM3 and COM4 in QuickBasic

5. COM3 & COM4 in Quickbasic

6. Com3 and Com4 from QuickBasic 4.5

7. problem whith com3, com4

8. VBDOS and COM3 & COM4

9. Accessing COM3 and COM4

10. Open COM4 port at 14400bps with QBasic

11. Q: Controlling COM3 w/ QBASIC?

12. Sound Blaster support in QBasic 4.0 - 7.1