CA - Realizer
Author Message
 CA - Realizer

>n=333.3333
>INPUT "The answers is",n,";

>*BUT*, that specifically doens't work.  But the idea of what I want.

I don't have my reference manual at hand but the idea is to format n as a
string, then concatenate it to the "The answer is"

----
R. M. Zwarick
"If a plant cannot live according to it's nature, it dies;
 and so a man." -- Emerson

Tue, 28 Jan 1997 07:50:38 GMT
 CA - Realizer
re: your ending quote

Lemme get this straight:  Koop says unbridled competition causes HIGHER
costs and LOWER quality?

Sheesh...maybe Willie didn't, but I'd say that Koop must have inhaled...

(or skipped Econ 101)

Thomas Ewald

Tue, 28 Jan 1997 08:31:35 GMT
 CA - Realizer

Quote:

>>Does anyone know whether Version 2.0 of this product reads and writes .DBF
>>files directly ?  Or do you still have to import/export them ?  I saw the
>>previous version in action and I would definitely buy it if it had direct DBF
>>access.
>Yes it does. However, it is limited to the number of records one can contain in
>RAM without some fairly sophisticated (for BASIC) coding. Version 2.0 seems
>uneven in it's functional 'richness'.

Aye.  I run the OS/2 version, but I still have 64K array size limits.
Grrr...

While I'm at it :) lemme let go this question for ya:

I'm almost finished with my first Real Realizer program.  I need it to
popup SOME sort of INPUT or MessageBox with a *number* in it that is
stored in a variable.  Like

n=333.3333
INPUT "The answers is",n,";

*BUT*, that specifically doens't work.  But the idea of what I want.

Any tips?  Thanks!

Quote:

--

"It would cause unbridled competition which would result in the higher cost
and lower quality of health care." - Former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett

Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:22:47 GMT
 CA - Realizer

Quote:
>I'm almost finished with my first Real Realizer program.  I need it to
>popup SOME sort of INPUT or MessageBox with a *number* in it that is
>stored in a variable.  Like

>n=333.3333
>INPUT "The answers is",n,";

>*BUT*, that specifically doens't work.  But the idea of what I want.

I'm  no realizer expert, but I think your problem is the last comma and
quote mark...they are not needed and will cause an error. The proper
syntax should be as follows:

INPUT "The answer is",n;

Hope this helps!
--
_____
|\ /|   Justin MacLeod                       "Ice cream is a dish
| O |   University of New Brunswick            best served cold"

Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:18:04 GMT
 CA - Realizer

Quote:
>>I'm almost finished with my first Real Realizer program.  I need it to
>>popup SOME sort of INPUT or MessageBox with a *number* in it that is
>>stored in a variable.  Like

>>n=333.3333
>>INPUT "The answers is",n,";

>>*BUT*, that specifically doens't work.  But the idea of what I want.
>I'm  no realizer expert, but I think your problem is the last comma and
>quote mark...they are not needed and will cause an error. The proper
>syntax should be as follows:
>INPUT "The answer is",n;
>Hope this helps!

Ok, I'll give that a try.  For now I'm using something called 'Sprint',
sorta like PRINT USING, almost.  You do something like

INPUT Sprint("The answers is: ############.#########",finalsum)
but as you might guess, the result is a dialog box saying

        The answers is:          333.35000000000

Ewww. :-)

I must say I'm really liking CA-REalizer now.  I think it is shameful
how *little* information they give you on specifically HOW to program
using a GUI.  They give all the details in a very detailed fashion, but
seems to (mostly) fail to explain HOW to program in a GUI.  Sorta like
the Windows 3.0 manual - it went on and on talking about PIFs, but
failed to actually say *what they were*.  But I think I've mostly
got the hang of it now.

That being said, I'd be more than happy to help other Realizer users
stuck for now with non-GUI type programs.  Send email, or better
yet, post to bother the comp.lang.basic and alt.lang-ca-realizer
newsgroups.

BTW, does anyone knowif CA has an 'help' email address, or an FTP site
for depositing and sharing programs?

Quote:
>|\ /|   Justin MacLeod                       "Ice cream is a dish

--

"It would cause unbridled competition which would result in the higher cost
and lower quality of health care." - Former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett
Koop on prospects of no US Health Care Reform bill, NPR interview, 7/14/94

Fri, 31 Jan 1997 11:18:28 GMT
 CA - Realizer

>>n=333.3333
>>INPUT "The answers is",n,";

>>*BUT*, that specifically doens't work.  But the idea of what I want.
>I don't have my reference manual at hand but the idea is to format n as a
>string, then concatenate it to the "The answer is"

Tried that.  It makes into a string alright, except that it makes it an
integer, ie., no decimals.

For now, I use Sprint.  Sorta like PRINT USING

Quote:

--

"It would cause unbridled competition which would result in the higher cost
and lower quality of health care." - Former U.S. Surgeon General C. Everett
Koop on prospects of no US Health Care Reform bill, NPR interview, 7/14/94

Sun, 02 Feb 1997 13:29:05 GMT

1. CA-Realizer and CA-RET

2. Anyone using CA/Realizer for Windows ( Similar to VB )

3. CA Realizer, basic for OS/2 ?

4. CA-REALIZER

5. Hiding runtime in CA-Realizer

6. What is CA Realizer?