Need Major Help with MSCOMM.VBX
Author Message
 Need Major Help with MSCOMM.VBX

I am trying to pull information from the comm port from another
processor, a motor that is designed to run with a computer.  If
anyone has any ideas on how to slow down the communications being
sent out of Visual Basic 3.0 to allow the motor time to respond to
the commands that the computer is sending to it.  Please EMail me, I
am a lowly consultant with very little programming experience.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Tue, 26 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Need Major Help with MSCOMM.VBX
I am not exactly sure what kind of delays that you need but if
you use the ONCOMM event and set states in your program the the
code will only function when a comm event is fired.  I use the ON
comm event to monitor serial ports in an application that I am
working on I use PDQCOMM from Crescent but the COMMEVENTS should
fire the same with MSCOMM.VBX.

Later
Chuck Smith

Fri, 29 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. mscomm.vbx and BBS help needed

2. HELP : VB PROJECT IN NEED OF MAJOR HELP

3. NEED MSCOMM.VBX

4. Help me with MSComm.VBX

5. Major Help Needed

6. MAJOR HELP NEEDED!!

7. MAJOR HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!

8. MAJOR HELP NEEDED!!!

9. MAJOR HELP NEEDED WITH VB 4.0

10. MAJOR HELP NEEDED WITH vb4.0

11. Major Help needed with VB4 + Windows 3.11 Linked to Access 2.0 on Novell 4

12. Major Help Needed Please.