256 Colors to RGB conversion?
Author Message
 256 Colors to RGB conversion?

Hi!

Is there a standard array or chart that gives the conversions between
the standard 256 color chart for Basic and their equivalent three RGB
cube values. Or is it a simple mathematical conversion? Thanks.

Dave

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 256 Colors to RGB conversion?

Quote:
>Hi!

>Is there a standard array or chart that gives the conversions between
>the standard 256 color chart for Basic and their equivalent three RGB
>cube values. Or is it a simple mathematical conversion? Thanks.

Here's what came off my machine...
  ____    _    ____      ____  _____
 |  _ \  / \  / ___) __ | ___)(_   _)
 | |_)  / _ \ \____\/  \|  _)   | |
 |____//_/ \_\(____/\__/|_|     |_|

     www.basicguru.com/schullian

P##    R  G  B
  0 -  0  0  0
  1 -  0  0 42
  2 -  0 42  0
  3 -  0 42 42
  4 - 42  0  0
  5 - 42  0 42
  6 - 42 21  0
  7 - 42 42 42
  8 - 21 21 21
  9 - 21 21 63
 10 - 21 63 21
 11 - 21 63 63
 12 - 63 21 21
 13 - 63 21 63
 14 - 63 63 21
 15 - 63 63 63
 16 -  0  0  0
 17 -  5  5  5
 18 -  8  8  8
 19 - 11 11 11
 20 - 14 14 14
 21 - 17 17 17
 22 - 20 20 20
 23 - 24 24 24
 24 - 28 28 28
 25 - 32 32 32
 26 - 36 36 36
 27 - 40 40 40
 28 - 45 45 45
 29 - 50 50 50
 30 - 56 56 56
 31 - 63 63 63
 32 -  0  0 63
 33 - 16  0 63
 34 - 31  0 63
 35 - 47  0 63
 36 - 63  0 63
 37 - 63  0 47
 38 - 63  0 31
 39 - 63  0 16
 40 - 63  0  0
 41 - 63 16  0
 42 - 63 31  0
 43 - 63 47  0
 44 - 63 63  0
 45 - 47 63  0
 46 - 31 63  0
 47 - 16 63  0
 48 -  0 63  0
 49 -  0 63 16
 50 -  0 63 31
 51 -  0 63 47
 52 -  0 63 63
 53 -  0 47 63
 54 -  0 31 63
 55 -  0 16 63
 56 - 31 31 63
 57 - 39 31 63
 58 - 47 31 63
 59 - 55 31 63
 60 - 63 31 63
 61 - 63 31 55
 62 - 63 31 47
 63 - 63 31 39
 64 - 63 31 31
 65 - 63 39 31
 66 - 63 47 31
 67 - 63 55 31
 68 - 63 63 31
 69 - 55 63 31
 70 - 47 63 31
 71 - 39 63 31
 72 - 31 63 31
 73 - 31 63 39
 74 - 31 63 47
 75 - 31 63 55
 76 - 31 63 63
 77 - 31 55 63
 78 - 31 47 63
 79 - 31 39 63
 80 - 45 45 63
 81 - 49 45 63
 82 - 54 45 63
 83 - 58 45 63
 84 - 63 45 63
 85 - 63 45 58
 86 - 63 45 54
 87 - 63 45 49
 88 - 63 45 45
 89 - 63 49 45
 90 - 63 54 45
 91 - 63 58 45
 92 - 63 63 45
 93 - 58 63 45
 94 - 54 63 45
 95 - 49 63 45
 96 - 45 63 45
 97 - 45 63 49
 98 - 45 63 54
 99 - 45 63 58
100 - 45 63 63
101 - 45 58 63
102 - 45 54 63
103 - 45 49 63
104 -  0  0 28
105 -  7  0 28
106 - 14  0 28
107 - 21  0 28
108 - 28  0 28
109 - 28  0 21
110 - 28  0 14
111 - 28  0  7
112 - 28  0  0
113 - 28  7  0
114 - 28 14  0
115 - 28 21  0
116 - 28 28  0
117 - 21 28  0
118 - 14 28  0
119 -  7 28  0
120 -  0 28  0
121 -  0 28  7
122 -  0 28 14
123 -  0 28 21
124 -  0 28 28
125 -  0 21 28
126 -  0 14 28
127 -  0  7 28
128 - 14 14 28
129 - 17 14 28
130 - 21 14 28
131 - 24 14 28
132 - 28 14 28
133 - 28 14 24
134 - 28 14 21
135 - 28 14 17
136 - 28 14 14
137 - 28 17 14
138 - 28 21 14
139 - 28 24 14
140 - 28 28 14
141 - 24 28 14
142 - 21 28 14
143 - 17 28 14
144 - 14 28 14
145 - 14 28 17
146 - 14 28 21
147 - 14 28 24
148 - 14 28 28
149 - 14 24 28
150 - 14 21 28
151 - 14 17 28
152 - 20 20 28
153 - 22 20 28
154 - 24 20 28
155 - 26 20 28
156 - 28 20 28
157 - 28 20 26
158 - 28 20 24
159 - 28 20 22
160 - 28 20 20
161 - 28 22 20
162 - 28 24 20
163 - 28 26 20
164 - 28 28 20
165 - 26 28 20
166 - 24 28 20
167 - 22 28 20
168 - 20 28 20
169 - 20 28 22
170 - 20 28 24
171 - 20 28 26
172 - 20 28 28
173 - 20 26 28
174 - 20 24 28
175 - 20 22 28
176 -  0  0 16
177 -  4  0 16
178 -  8  0 16
179 - 12  0 16
180 - 16  0 16
181 - 16  0 12
182 - 16  0  8
183 - 16  0  4
184 - 16  0  0
185 - 16  4  0
186 - 16  8  0
187 - 16 12  0
188 - 16 16  0
189 - 12 16  0
190 -  8 16  0
191 -  4 16  0
192 -  0 16  0
193 -  0 16  4
194 -  0 16  8
195 -  0 16 12
196 -  0 16 16
197 -  0 12 16
198 -  0  8 16
199 -  0  4 16
200 -  8  8 16
201 - 10  8 16
202 - 12  8 16
203 - 14  8 16
204 - 16  8 16
205 - 16  8 14
206 - 16  8 12
207 - 16  8 10
208 - 16  8  8
209 - 16 10  8
210 - 16 12  8
211 - 16 14  8
212 - 16 16  8
213 - 14 16  8
214 - 12 16  8
215 - 10 16  8
216 -  8 16  8
217 -  8 16 10
218 -  8 16 12
219 -  8 16 14
220 -  8 16 16
221 -  8 14 16
222 -  8 12 16
223 -  8 10 16
224 - 11 11 16
225 - 12 11 16
226 - 13 11 16
227 - 15 11 16
228 - 16 11 16
229 - 16 11 15
230 - 16 11 13
231 - 16 11 12
232 - 16 11 11
233 - 16 12 11
234 - 16 13 11
235 - 16 15 11
236 - 16 16 11
237 - 15 16 11
238 - 13 16 11
239 - 12 16 11
240 - 11 16 11
241 - 11 16 12
242 - 11 16 13
243 - 11 16 15
244 - 11 16 16
245 - 11 15 16
246 - 11 13 16
247 - 11 12 16
248 -  0  0  0
249 -  0  0  0
250 -  0  0  0
251 -  0  0  0
252 -  0  0  0
253 -  0  0  0
254 -  0  0  0
255 -  0  0  0

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 256 Colors to RGB conversion?

Yes, its easy. Well, actually it isn't a math function - you just get the
value
with INP this is the way

OUT &H3C7,ColorValue
Red = Inp(&h3C9)
Green = Inp(&h3C9)
Blue = Inp(&h3C9)

It is very important to first set the color value and then get RED then
GREEN and then BLUE values in RIGHT ORDER

Quote:
> Hi!

> Is there a standard array or chart that gives the conversions between
> the standard 256 color chart for Basic and their equivalent three RGB
> cube values. Or is it a simple mathematical conversion? Thanks.

> Dave

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 256 to 16 colors conversion

2. How can I load a picture (256) and save again as 256 color

3. Color Conversions (Hue/Lum/Saturation) to RGB

4. Color Conversions (RGB, CMYK, HSB)

5. RGB to CIELAB (or simply lab) color conversion

6. Using 256 color Palettes in High/True Color

7. choose a color in a 256 color palette ?

8. Change Screen Color Palette from 256 to hi-color in VB

9. Bitmap Color Palette editing-VB4 16 bit 256 color

10. 256 Color Icons only 16 colors?

11. Custom 24-bit colors in 256-color mode

12. Coloring a control from a 256-Color palette