TSRs in QuickBasic
Author Message
 TSRs in QuickBasic

Hi all,
  I am interested in making TSRs in QB.  Does anybody know how to make a
QuickBasic 4.5 program stay in memory while other programs run?
  If anybody can give me an example of a QuickBasic program that pops up
when a certain key is pressed, then pops down again to let other programs
run, I would be grateful (also, I need to know how to unload the TSR!).

                        Thanks in advance,
                        Jesse Dorland

--
====================================
Very funny Scotty!

                Capt. James T. Kirk
====================================

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TSRs in QuickBasic

You might have a look at the PDQ library by Crescent Software.

I used to use it when QB was my main tool and it was really GREAT !

Mon, 16 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TSRs in QuickBasic

G'Day All

Quote:

>Subject: TSRs in QuickBasic
>Date: 29 May 1996 17:15:01 -0700
>Hi all,
>  I am interested in making TSRs in QB.  Does anybody know how to make a
>QuickBasic 4.5 program stay in memory while other programs run?
>  If anybody can give me an example of a QuickBasic program that pops up
>when a certain key is pressed, then pops down again to let other programs
>run, I would be grateful (also, I need to know how to unload the TSR!).

I don't think you can. You can invoke the Terminate and Stay Resident
interrupt, but I think that QB4.5 programs are just to big to fit into the
approropriate memory segment. You *can* launch a machine language TSR from
within QB4.5 using CALL ABSOLUTE, and have that pop-up later. How's your
assembly language/machine language programing?

Cheers! Ian
Ian Musgrave Ph.D, Prince Henry's Institute of Medical Research
PO Box 5152, Clayton 3168, Australia.
Phone +61 3 550 4286 FAX +61 3 550 6125

Mon, 16 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question on TSRs and Sound Blaster in QuickBasic

2. QBasic TSRs?

3. TSRs that do something

4. TSRs in [GW, Q]BASIC??

5. Turning off TSRs

6. How do you make VBDOS TSRs???

7. converting quickbasic code to ascii, or vb, or anything besides quickbasic

8. QuickBasic 4.5 app need to convert to VB.net

9. QuickBasic programming help?

10. QuickBasic and Windows XP

11. QuickBasic 7.1

12. QuickBasic decompiler ?