3D Polygon Engine
Author Message
 3D Polygon Engine

OK, I'm a fan of space flight simulators.  So I grabbed a copy of
Buliding a 3D Game Engine in C++, by Brian Hook, figuring I could get
the basic idea from the book (yes, I know C++), then port it to BASIC.

Wrong!

I'm now familiar with the basics of the subject (Painter's Algorithm,
defining an object as a set of vertices and triangles), but could
someone please post a nice bit of code that defines a 3D polygon in such
a way that allows the viewer to move around it.  In other words, please
post an engine that's a prototype for a full game.  Nothing need move on
its own except the player; just define and display 3D polygons.

If anyone has the know-how, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be very
appreciative.

Thanks a bunch,

Brent P. Newhall
It is the man who goes straight to his goal, obstacle or no obstacle,
that commands our respect, gets our confidence, and gets to the front.
He is the man who is sought in an emergency, not the man who is afraid
of obstacles, who magnifies difficulties." -- Orison Swett Marden

Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. 3D Polygon Engine, please (better described)

2. 3D Polygon Graphics

3. 3D polygon rendering

4. help: mapping font in 3d and alphablend a lit untransformed polygon

5. 3D look to polygon ???

6. 3d and polygons, raw,

7. REPOST: 2D Polygon Engine

8. 2D Polygon Engine

9. 3D ENGINE

10. 3d engine

11. 3D Raycasting Engine Problems

12. The 3D Engine (Re: Doom.Bas - a legend etc etc)