VBDOS... Option Buttons...
Author Message
 VBDOS... Option Buttons...

Hi,

I'm using VBDOS std. and I need to make groups of option buttons that well
act independantly...

( ) 1  ( ) A
( ) 2  ( ) B
( ) 3  ( ) C
       ( ) D

I need to have one selection form 1,2 or 3 and on from a-d, I've tried
using control arrays although I have no I idea what I'm doing ;)  I've
looked at CMNDLG.BAS and in the print form they have somthing like this,
but I can't figure out how they did it.  Also in CMNDLG.BAS how did they
make all the controls inside a frame move with the frame in Form Designer?

Thanx,
Trevor Osborne

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VBDOS... Option Buttons...

Quote:
Osborne) writes:
>I need to have one selection form 1,2 or 3 and on from a-d, I've tried
>using control arrays although I have no I idea what I'm doing ;)  I've
>looked at CMNDLG.BAS and in the print form they have somthing like this,
>but I can't figure out how they did it.  Also in CMNDLG.BAS how did they
>make all the controls inside a frame move with the frame in Form Designer?

>Thanx,
>Trevor Osborne

To tie the controls to the frame, first drop the frame on the form,
and then drop the controls onto the frame.   To create a control array,
rename the 2nd, 3rd, etc. controls to the same .ctlname as the
first one (you will get a message box with "You already have a control
named .option1.  Do you wish to create a control array?" or something
similar.  By answering yes, your new instances of the control will be
added to the control array. For instance, your option buttons will be
Option1(1) , Option1(2), Option1(3) and Option2(1) thru Option2(4)
in your above example.  I started work on some example code but
I'm going out of town for the weekend, and it needs a little tweaking
so if you need more help, e-mail me after this weekend.

--Mike A.

Wed, 13 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBDOS grouped option buttons

2. About PDS /G2 option and VBDOS /G2 and /G3 option

3. Option group/option button

4. Option Group/Option Button

5. Option Button - 2 buttons selected at once.

6. Working with an Option Button Array and Checkbox Button Array

7. Buttons in VBDOS

8. vbdos user seeks ftp sites on vbdos

9. Option Button Syntax on a Form

10. comboBox/option button?

11. Option buttons /Groups - Any other ActiveX Controls

12. Option buttons - using vba to determine selection - Help