Experts - VB 3.0
Author Message
 Experts - VB 3.0

Hi

I am trying to create multilevel, arbitrarily long menus at run time.
I have tried with menu items arrays as below but this doesn't seem to
work.

 mnu1
 ... mnu2(0)
 ......mnu3(0)

 when I " Load mnu2(1)" , I want mnu2(1) to have an associated submenu
 like mnu2(0), but this is not the case.

 How do I achieve this?

 Cheers
 Vija

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Experts - VB 3.0

 [a Visual Basic question about menus]

Actually, if, as your subject says, you're looking for VB 3.0 experts,
you'd probably do better to ask over in one of the
comp.lang.basic.visual.* groups, where the VB experts hang out.

Good luck.

---
Glen Blankenship                                Hudsucker Industries

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Experts - VB 3.0

Quote:

>Hi

>I am trying to create multilevel, arbitrarily long menus at run time.
>I have tried with menu items arrays as below but this doesn't seem to
>work.

> mnu1
> ... mnu2(0)
> ......mnu3(0)

> when I " Load mnu2(1)" , I want mnu2(1) to have an associated submenu
> like mnu2(0), but this is not the case.

> How do I achieve this?

> Cheers
> Vija

One of the little drawbacks to VB is that you have to have at least
one instance of an object created at design time before you can load
new instances of it.  This applies to menus as well.  In other words,
you have to have already created mnu2(0) at design time before you
can load menu2(1), etc.

This annoying limitation is one reason why Delphi is making such inroads
into the VB market.  Despite this, though, I still like VB very much,
since it helped me escape Alaska.

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Experts - VB 3.0

Quote:

>Hi
>I am trying to create multilevel, arbitrarily long menus at run time.
>I have tried with menu items arrays as below but this doesn't seem to
>work.
> mnu1
> ... mnu2(0)
> ......mnu3(0)
> when I " Load mnu2(1)" , I want mnu2(1) to have an associated submenu
> like mnu2(0), but this is not the case.
> How do I achieve this?

 Not really sure, but I'll bet someone in the VB groups
     comp.lang.basic.visual.3rdparty
     comp.lang.basic.visual.announce
     comp.lang.basic.visual.database
     comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
 will have you up and running{*filter*}ety split, we don' discuss VB here
 just every other form of Basic.

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need VB 3.0 Expert-NW Atlanta

2. VBScript, SQL Server, IIS 3.0 experts needed!

3. VBScript, SQL Server, IIS 3.0 experts needed!

4. VB 3.0 and FoxPro 3.0 files

5. Reading VFP 3.0 Tables with VB 3.0 ??

6. Duplicate database fields in report expert, select expert...

7. VB printingproblem needs solution from VB expert !?!

8. VB 3.0 TO VB 6.0

9. Moving from VB 3.0 to VB 5.0

10. Help please: VB 3.0 pro to VB 4.0 pro

11. Will VB 3.0 DLLs Overwrite VB 4.0 (32 bit) DLLs

12. Trouble Porting VB 3.0 SQLServer App to VB 4.0 and Oracle